We believe sustainable investing can result in better overall risk-adjusted outcomes for clients, primarily by protecting against downside risks and identifying opportunities associated with environmental, social and governance-related issues.
Sustainable investing is grounded in the broader use of ESG information within investment analysis and company dialogue, with the conviction that such information can lead to better informed investment decisions.
By identifying long-term investment opportunities, anticipating and managing financially material risks, engaging with the relevant third parties, and creating products and services that take into account ESG considerations, we believe our investments will be more successful for our clients in the longer term and will positively impact society and the environment.
- Committed to embedding sustainable investing as the everyday standard across our business through our overall sustainability integration process
- Invested in building a range of sustainable and impact investing strategies – including an innovative climate aware range across asset classes
- Delivered carbon portfolio foot-printing for our client’s portfolios and are making additional carbon and climate data sets available for investors across the investment platform
- Been consistently recognized for our active climate engagement with companies across our portfolios by collectives like Climate Action 100+, and are helping drive positive change in the industry
- Become a founding member of Net Zero Asset Managers initiative, a group of international asset management firms committed to support investing aligned with net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 or sooner
- Actively participated in other initiatives like One Planet Asset Management Group, further leveraging our efforts to accelerate the integration of climate analysis into the investment process of asset managers and investors globally
UBS key commitments
- Founder Member Net Zero Banking Alliance
- Carbon Disclosure Project founding signatory
- User of Global Reporting Initiative reporting framework
- User of Taskforce on Climate Related Financial Disclosure framework
- UN Environmental Program Finance Initiative member
- Global Impact Investing Network member
- Group-wide ISO 14001 certified Environmental Management System
- Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil member
- UN Global Compact signatory
- Founding member and convener of Thun Group of Banks
UBS Asset Management key commitments
- Founder Member Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative
- Signatory to Principles for Responsible Investment
- International Corporate Governance Network
- Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change
- Asian Corporate Governance Association
- UK Investor Forum
- UK Governance Forum
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board member
- Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmarks
- Swiss Sustainable Finance member (since 2015)
- Climate Action 100+
- IFC Operating Principles for Impact Management
- One Planet Investment Initiative
At UBS we are reshaping the financial landscape towards a more positive future. That includes innovative financing for the benefit of society, pioneering philanthropy and supporting our local communities, all the while we’re challenging ourselves and our peers to lead by example.
And at UBS Asset Management, we play an active part in helping drive change in our industry.
UN SDG 13 Climate Action