- Students at participating universities form teams of three students.
- Register for the competition by clicking Register Now by Friday, 19 March 2021, 5pm.
- Receive the Challenge case study on Monday, 22 March 2021 and prepare a pitchbook to be submitted to UBS on Monday, 29 March 2021, by 12 pm.
- Students receive confirmation of when to deliver their presentation to our Global Banking team.
- Present to a panel of judges with 10 mins presentation + 5 to 10mins questions and answers.
- Up to four teams will be selected to compete in the campus finals, to be held between Tuesday, 6 April to Thursday, 8 April 2021 (inclusive).
- Winners of the campus finals will be invited to compete in the national final, held at UBS's Sydney office on Thursday, 15 April 2021 (travel expenses for interstate teams will be covered by UBS). This may be subject to change depending on COVID-19 conditions.
- Sucessful participants may be invited to attend the UBS Development Program after the National Finals.
Registration closing date: Friday, 19 March 2021 (5pm AEDT),
Case 1 release: 22 March 2021 (5pm AEDT)
Submit pitchbook: 29 March 2021 (12pm AEDT)..
Campus Heat presentations: 30 March – 1 April 2021
Campus Finals: 6 – 8 April 2021
- Final Case Issued: 8 April (9pm AEST)
- Final Case Submission: 14 April (5pm AEST)
National Finals: Thursday, 15 April 2021
Q & A
Q & A
What happens after I submit my application form online?
Your team will receive the case study via email. After submitting a successful case study, you will be advised of your participation in the Campus Heats and your presentation time, date and location at your respective university campus.
How will I be notified if I am progressed to the Campus Finals? Or National Finals?
You will be advised the day after your presentation on whether you will be progressed to the next round of the UBS Investment Banking Challenge competition.
How does UBS judge IB Challenge submissions?
Entries will be judged by a panel of academics from respective participating universities and UBS. All entries will be judged on team performance and merit and not on individual performances. Submissions will be judged on a range of criteria, including but not limited to case study content including accuracy of valuations and presentation/ facilitation skills.
What happens to case studies which aren't progressed to Finals rounds?
Case study responses will not be used for any other purpose outside of the UBS Investment Banking Challenge.
Who can enter the UBS Investment Banking Challenge?
Only students from the following universities: Australian National University, University of Adelaide, University of Melbourne, Monash University, University of New South Wales, University of Queensland, Sydney University and University of Western Australia are invited to participate in the UBS Investment Banking Challenge.
UBS accepts entries undergraduate, double-degree, and master program students.
UBS Development Program
All students participating to the IB Challenge and Development Program will be in consideration for the 2021-22 UBS Summer Internship Program.
Participants will have the opportunity to be fast-tracked to an accelerated interview which may lead to you receiving an offer from UBS.
If you have any further questions contact us at