Venture for America
UBS Elevating Entrepreneurs is our entrepreneurship initiative which drives economic growth by encouraging a more inclusive landscape for underrepresented founders. Through programs, UBS provides entrepreneurs with access to training, capital and networks needed to build their companies, create jobs and contribute to their local communities. To learn more, click here.
- First launched by UBS in 2015, Project Entrepreneur has trained over 1,600 female founders and created new on-ramps to entrepreneurship for women across the country, with alumni going on to raise $45M in funding.
- In partnership with The Female Founder Collective – one of the fastest growing networks of 5,000+ women led businesses – Project Entrepreneur offers multi-city cohort programs, capital access summits for early and growth stage founders, and community-building events that will provide them with the knowledge and networks needed for growth.
- Hosted a Women in Venture Summit in NY and LA for an education and community building with UBS advisors, clients, investors, and ecosystem builders with the power to change the status quo for female founders.
UBS supports the growth of female founded companies through Project Entrepreneur an initiative to increase investment readiness, and access to capital and building ecosystems that advance women entrepreneurs.
Venture for America
UBS is investing in the next generation of entrepreneurs through a partnership with Venture for America which helps build a new pathway to entrepreneurship for college grads.
- Significant seed investor/corporate partner bringing talent to startups in 14 cities including: Detroit, Baltimore, San Antonio, and Pittsburgh
- Supporting VFA's diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts through Operation 3 to 300, an initiative to help 300 women and people of color to launch businesses by 2021
- Providing seed funding for fellow-founded startups through the $150,000 UBS Venture Catalyst Award
Venture for America is a fellowship program for enterprising recent college graduates to launch their careers as entrepreneurs and revitalize American cities. After five weeks of training, VFA Fellows spend two years in the trenches of a startup in an emerging U.S. city where they learn how to contribute to a high-growth business. Afterwards, VFA provides the mentorship, network and resources Fellows need to become entrepreneurs.
UBS and Village Capital launched Capital Pathways to increase access to alternative and more inclusive forms of capital for diverse entrepreneurs.
- Hosted an Inclusive Capital Summit in Philadelphia and Miami for founders, investors, and entrepreneur support organizations (ESO) to learn about inclusive capital
- Convened leading investors at the forefront of deploying innovative capital to unlock more funding for underrepresented founders
- Funded the development of a national web-based landscape map and guide that helps entrepreneurs better engage and be aware of new forms of capital
Village Capital finds, trains, and invests in entrepreneurs solving real-world problems, and builds communities around entrepreneurs and their ventures to improve opportunities for growth and success.