Are you spending too much?
Compare your expenses with those of a typical household
Spending more than average might be unavoidable if you live in a high-cost area, but looking at your expenses critically can help you establish healthy spending habits.
- Tracking your expenses and seeing how you stack up can help you identify any areas where you might be spending too much.
- Although it can be helpful to see what a typical household spends, your expenses may be higher or lower depending on where you live, how large your family is and other factors.
- Budgeting can help you take control of your spending so that you have more money to put toward your financial goals.
- When making your budget, consider setting aside 50% of income for needs, 20% for goals and 30% for wants.
- Your UBS Financial Advisor can help you evaluate your spending and prioritize your goals.