All Instant Messages ("IMs") sent between you and your UBS Financial Services Inc.'s Private Wealth Management Financial Advisor ("FA") Team are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- IM SYSTEMS ARE NOT OWNED OR MAINTAINED BY UBS - UBS has no control over and takes no responsibility for the performance or non-performance of any non-UBS IM system. You assume the entire risk of any use of such a system.
- IM MESSAGES ARE RECORDED - UBS records and retains all IM messages.
- BUDDY NAMES - UBS assumes no liability for confirming the accuracy or validity of any buddy names used by you to communicate via any IM system.
- SECURITY OF IM MESSAGES - Instant messages transmitted over a non-UBS IM system and network cannot be guaranteed to be secure, confidential or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, modified, or arrive late or incomplete. If you send UBS, or request that a FA Team member send to you, confidential information by IM you understand and acknowledge that:
- IMs will not be sent in a secured or encrypted manner and therefore may be read by anyone with access to your IM and/or Buddy Name.
- IMs can travel through an assortment of servers belonging to third parties and therefore may be intercepted and viewed by unauthorized third parties before they reach their destination.
- IMs can be inadvertently misdirected or forwarded to unintended third parties, and all recipients of such a communication are not necessarily visible or discernible.
- IMs can be falsified, creating the impression that the communication is coming from someone other than the person sending it.
ORDER TAKING VIA IM SYSTEMS - UBS will not accept any instructions transmitted via any IM system, such as trading orders, revocations of orders, or trading authorizations.