- Stock Connect has changed China equity investing for the better.
- It started on November 17th, 2014 with the Hong Kong Shanghai Stock Connect.
- Stock Connect linked international investors with the Shanghai Stock Exchange via Hong Kong as well as allowing Shanghai investors to allocate to stocks on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Stock Connect was extended to link the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and Shenzhen Stock Exchange on December 5th 2016.
- To date, the program has brought more than USD 110bn of overseas capital into China's A-share markets, according to Bloomberg data.
- Also, the improved access from Stock Connect was a key reason why China A-shares were included in the MSCI equity benchmarks from June 2018.
- Many years ago, China stocks were divided between onshore stocks, i.e. listed in mainland China, and offshore stocks, i.e. listed in Hong Kong or US markets.
- Now, we believe the success of Stock Connect means the distinction between onshore and offshore China equities has disappeared.
- Instead, we believe that investors should look at China equities from an All China perspective, i.e. investing according to wherever the best opportunities are, not because of where they are located.
- And we believe that's why Stock Connect has changed China equity investing for the better.
Equity investments from a global player
The website contains general information about UBS Asset Management (Americas), Inc., UBS Hedge Fund Solutions LLC, and UBS O'Connor LLC, collectively known as "UBS Asset Management". The information contained on this website does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to purchase or sell any securities or other financial instrument or any particular strategy or fund. Market commentary, product information and related performance data available on this website has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable and is provided in good faith for informational purposes only. UBS Asset Management does not guarantee the accuracy, suitability or completeness of information contained on this website, and all such information, including but not limited to performance data and related metrics, is subject to change without notice. Certain content on this website is intended for institutional investors and their financial representatives only, and should not be relied upon by retail investors or members of the general public.
Market commentary and similar statements contained herein are based on current expectations and may be considered “forward-looking statements.” Actual future results, however, may prove to be different from expectations. The opinions expressed are a reflection of UBS Asset Management’s best judgment at the time of posting, and any obligation to update or alter any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise is disclaimed.
Investments involve risks, are not guaranteed and may not return the original principal amount invested. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Investors should read all available product information carefully before making an investment decision, including information about applicable risks, fees and expenses. This website does not address the investment objectives, risk tolerance or financial needs of any particular investor. In addition, any statements regarding investment performance expectations, risk and/or return targets do not constitute a representation or warranty that such expectations or targets will be achieved.
This website is not intended for persons located in any jurisdiction where the availability of this website is prohibited or contrary to local law or regulation or would subject any UBS entity to any registration or licensing requirement in any such jurisdiction.
Please confirm you are a US resident to proceed.