UBS ETFRetail Investors in the UK:
UBS ETF (IE) MSCI Emerging Markets Climate Paris Aligned UCITS ETF (USD) A-acc
Asset Class: Equities
- The objective of the Fund is to seek to track the equity market performance of global developed countries based companies which form part of the index with a focus on sustainable investment considerations defined by the Paris Agreement and specific exclusions of companies involved in controversial weapons, environmental, social and governance (""ESG"") controversies, tobacco, environmental harm, thermal coal mining, oil & gas related activities and power generation. ""
- The Fund is subject to the risk that its climate-focused investment strategy may select or exclude securities of certain issuers for reasons other than investment performance considerations.
- The Fund seeks to achieve the objective by tracking the Index and, with regard to the climate criteria, giving exposure to global companies which are meeting or working towards the climate goals and the minimum standards set down in the EU Climate Regulations and following the recommendations of the TCFD on carbon reduction and transition objectives towards a more sustainable and a lower carbon economy while aligning with the Paris Agreement requirements.
- It does so by tracking the MSCI World Climate Paris Aligned Index. The Index is designed to support investors seeking to reduce their exposure to transition and physical climate risks and who wish to pursue opportunities arising from the transition to a lower-carbon economy while aligning with the Paris Agreement requirements. The Index seeks to achieve this through overweighting companies on a credible path to de-carbonisation or offering green solutions, while also underweighting companies that are poorly positioned for the transition to a lower-carbon economy and by limiting exposure to growing physical risk.
- The methodology of the construction of the Index is available on the MSCI internet website:https://www.msci.com/index-methodology
- Additional information about the Index can be found under:https://www.msci.com/esg/climate-paris-aligned-indexes
Data sources & processing
The index provider uses MSCI ESG research as a third-party provider for the ESG characteristics.
For marketing and information purposes by UBS. UBS funds under Irish law. Arrangements for marketing fund units mentioned in this document may be terminated at the initiative of the management company of the fund(s). UBS Asset Management (UK) Ltd is authorized & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Prospectuses, Key investor information (KIID), the articles of association or the management regulations as well as annual and semi-annual reports of UBS funds are available free of charge from UBS Asset Management (UK) Ltd, 5 Broadgate, London, EC2M 2QS. The fund documentation is available free of charge in English and, where relevant, in one of the local language(s) where the fund is registered and online at www.ubs.com/etf. The product described herein aligns to Article 9.3 of Regulation (EU) 2019/2088. The benchmark is the intellectual property of the respective index provider. The fund or the share class is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the index provider. The fund prospectus or supplemental prospectus contains the full disclaimer. Before investing in a product please read the latest prospectus and key investor information document carefully and thoroughly. The fund documentation is available free of charge in English and, where relevant, in one of the local language(s) where the fund is registered. The information and opinions contained in this document have been compiled or arrived at based upon information obtained from sources believed to be reliable and in good faith, but is not guaranteed as being accurate, nor is it a complete statement or summary of the securities, markets or developments referred to in the document. Members of the UBS Group may have a position in and may make a purchase and / or sale of any of the securities or other financial instruments mentioned in this document. Units of UBS funds mentioned herein may not be eligible for sale in all jurisdictions or to certain categories of investors and may not be offered, sold or delivered in the United States. The information mentioned herein is not intended to be construed as a solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results. The performance shown does not take account of any commissions and costs charged when subscribing to and redeeming units. Commissions and costs have a negative impact on performance. If the currency of a financial product or financial service is different from your reference currency, the return can increase or decrease as a result of currency fluctuations. This information pays no regard to the specific or future investment objectives, financial or tax situation or particular needs of any specific recipient. The details and opinions contained in this document are provided by UBS without any guarantee or warranty and are for the recipient's personal use and information purposes only. This document may not be reproduced, redistributed or republished for any purpose without the written permission of UBS Asset Management Switzerland AG or a local affiliated company. Source for all data and charts (if not indicated otherwise): UBS Asset Management. A summary of investor rights in English can be found online at www.ubs.com/funds. More explanations of financial terms can be found at ubs.com/am-glossary.
© UBS 2021. The key symbol and UBS are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of UBS. All rights reserved.