We have provided answers to the most frequently asked questions about Digital Banking in the short videos and FAQs below.
You may also contact our Client Support Hotline or your Client Advisor for more information
Hotline available from:
Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Report the loss of your Access Card without delay to Client Support Hotline, who will immediately block access to your account, and provide you with a replacement card.
You can call our Client Support Hotline for assistance:
Hong Kong: +852 2971-7111
Singapore: +65 6495-8333
You should always logout from your E-Banking and Mobile Banking sessions before moving away from your computer and mobile devices. This ends your Digital Banking session and prevents any unauthorized access to your data and performing fraudulent transactions.
Clear your Web browser cache and history after logging out and close your Web browser to ensure that all your account information is removed.
UBS is committed to providing you the best service and support. The bank staff will not ask you to disclose sensitive personal information in unsolicited e-mails, telephone calls or instant messages.
If you suspect that your security has been breached or that unauthorized access to your UBS e-banking account has occurred, you should contact UBS e-banking Hotline immediately.
Hong Kong: +852-2971-7111
You may also contact your client advisor if the UBS e-banking Hotline cannot be reached.
Keeping your access secure
Using sophisticated authentication and encryption technology, UBS Digital Banking ensures that you enjoy convenient and secure access to your accounts. UBS security practices are designed to safeguard your data and privacy online.
Complete peace of mind
For confidentiality, data transferred between you and UBS Digital Banking is subject to 256-bit Secure-Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. Even if your data is intercepted, it will be unreadable.
For your security, login information on your Access Card cannot be copied. Safeguard your Access Card at all times. Do not allow anyone to keep, use or tamper with your Access Card. Do not reveal any code generated by your Access Card to anyone. Do not divulge the card number printed on your Access Card to anyone.
Three incorrect PIN entries will permanently deactivate the Access Card. Should you require any assistance, please contact our e-banking Hotline.
Keep your PIN confidential at all times. Do not reveal it to anyone, including UBS staff or law enforcement agents. Nobody at UBS will ever ask you for your PIN.
Dispose of your initial PIN information once you have used it. After memorizing your new PIN, do not write it down or store it anywhere. Your PIN should not use the same character more than twice. Do not base your PIN on your contract ID, birth date, telephone number, identification number, or any other personally identifiable information. Change your PIN regularly. Do not reuse the same PIN over time. Do not use the same PIN for different websites, applications or services, particularly when they relate to different entities.
Change your PIN immediately if you suspect that someone else knows it or if you suspect that any unauthorized access has occurred.
Automatic time out
If you have been logged in for 10 minutes with no activity, your session will be automatically terminated.
Before entering your contract ID, ensure that the website you are visiting is using a secure connection and belongs to UBS. The security of the connection can be verified by checking that the URL displayed in the "Address" bar on the browser begins with https:// and whether the site belongs to UBS.com by confirming that the URL has the domain "ubs.com".
If you receive any SSL Certificate related warnings, please check the authenticity of website, clear the cache, and reopen your browser window to try again. You can also try navigating to the Login page from the UBS main website: www.ubs.com. If the error persists or if you suspect the site is not secure, please contact the UBS e-banking Hotline immediately.
Do not store your login details in the browser (see the general security precautions and practices section below for details on how to change this setting).
Track last login
UBS records your last login date and time, enabling you to check unauthorized account access.
A dedicated UBS Online Security Team monitors the system for irregularities around-the-clock. To protect yourself against security threats, please check carefully the alerts and notifications as well as your account statement / advice sent out by us. If you see any unusual or unauthorized transactions, please contact us immediately.
General security precautions and practices
- Do not use an untrustworthy computer or device for online banking, particularly a publicly accessible computer.
- Do not disclose your personal, financial or credit card information to untrustworthy, little-known or suspicious web sites.
- Check your account information and transaction histories on a regular basis to ensure there have been no unauthorized transactions.
- Update us immediately if you lose your mobile phone, or when making any changes to your contact numbers and address.
- Protect yourself against computer viruses by installing the latest spyware detection, virus detection and firewall software, particularly if you are linked to the Internet via broadband connections, cable modems or digital subscriber lines.
- Update your Operating System, spyware detection, virus detection and firewall software regularly with security patches or newer versions.
- Avoid downloading or installing any files or programs from unknown sources.
- Scan any attachments you receive via email using your virus detection software and immediately delete any suspicious email messages that have attachments.
- You are encouraged to delete junk or chain emails. Do not open any email attachments from strangers.
- Use a Web browser which supports 256-bit or higher encryption to ensure that you will enjoy the highest level of security available.
- Disable "Auto Complete" function on the browser.
- If you are using a Windows Operating System on your computer, disable the "File & Printer Sharing" feature.
- Make a regular backup of your critical data.
- Do not use the same PIN for different websites, applications or services, particularly when they relate to different entities.
- Consider the use of personal encryption technology to protect highly sensitive and confidential data.
We are here to help you
Client Support Hotline
Available from Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm; Saturday: 9am - 5pm