There is a lot of wealth creation and wealth shift in China,
- Do not be negative on China because of the slowdown as you will miss out on opportunities
- Bin explains that while China’s overall GDP has not been increasing tremendously, wealth has shifted to the new economy sectors.
- Companies like Tencent and Alibaba have benefitted
- The growth of these companies have little relevance to how fast China’s GDP is growing
- This is because these new economy companies are growing in sectors (e-payment, retail, online advertising) that are under-penetrated
- “Look below the surface. There’re more opportunities than in the past because of structural changes in China. Wealth creation is much faster than in the past,” says Bin
Perspectives matter. Tune in to our insights.
The UBS China Opportunity Fund is invested mainly in offshore markets, in new economy sectors.
Our EM fixed income argues that #tradewars have to subside as returns are dependent on global factors. More
THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR AND SHOULD NOT BE ACCESSED BY PERSONS LOCATED OR RESIDENT IN ANY JURISDICTION WHERE (BY REASON OF THAT PERSON'S NATIONALITY, DOMICILE, RESIDENCE OR OTHERWISE) THE PUBLICATION OR AVAILABILITY OF THIS WEBSITE IS PROHIBITED OR CONTRARY TO LOCAL LAW OR REGULATION OR WOULD SUBJECT ANY UBS ENTITY TO ANY REGISTRATION OR LICENSING REQUIREMENTS IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BE AWARE OF, TO OBTAIN ALL RELEVANT REGULATORY APPROVALS, LICENCES, VERIFICATIONS AND/OR REGISTRATIONS UNDER, AND TO OBSERVE ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS OF ANY RELEVANT JURISDICTION IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ENTRANCE TO THIS WEBSITE. EACH INVESTMENT PRODUCT AND SERVICE REFERRED TO ON THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED TO BE MADE AVAILABLE ONLY TO RESIDENTS IN SINGAPORE.
UBS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE, MODIFY, ADD OR REMOVE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE AS WELL AS THESE TERMS AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON WITHOUT NOTICE. SUCH CHANGES SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE AFTER WE HAVE POSTED CHANGES TO THESE TERMS, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AS MODIFIED.