- China equities have corrected significantly and now offers value to investors
- Chinese government is conscious that stability of the RMB is important to global investors.
- Net positive inflows to China A share market has continued in August despite challenges in RMB
- UBS Asset Management invests in Chinese companies that are less affected by the trade war as they rely more on domestic consumption.
- China’s easing policy is helpful but it will not boost the economy. Its slowdown will be in a controlled manner.
Head, Asset Management, Asia Pacific
Group Managing Director
René has been Head of Asset Management Asia Pacific since July 2014. He is responsible for managing and developing the Asset Management business in the Asia Pacific region across segments and distribution channels, as well as ensuring engagement with clients, regulators, industry bodies and key stakeholders.
René is a member of the UBS Asset Management Executive Committee, UBS Group APAC Executive Committee and UBS AG Group Managing Director.
Rene represents UBS Asset Management as the Deputy Executive Chairman of International Partner Committee of Asset Management Association of China.
In addition to Head of Asia Pacific AM, between January 2017 to June 2018, Rene was also the Global Head Wholesale Distribution, who was responsible for managing and developing the global Wholesale business strategy.
Rene was previously Global Head Investment Funds and Head Investment Products & Services Hong Kong for UBS Wealth Management. He moved to Asia in 2005 to support UBS Wealth Management's expansion in the region and held various leadership roles with Investment Products & Services in Asia covering the full UBS product range, including Investment, Advisory, Wealth Planning and Lending Solutions.
Prior to this, he held global functional responsibility for the Lending business in UBS Wealth Management, providing financing for liquidity, single stock and leveraged investment solutions to wealthy private individuals and corporates. He spent four years in New York as Head of Lending Products Americas.
He began his career in Corporate Banking as a Client Advisor and later as Recovery Manager for distressed Debts and Assets with UBS in Switzerland
Years of investment industry experience: 31
Education: TRIUM Executive MBA issued by NYU Stern, London School of Economics and HEC Paris; Swiss Banking Diploma
Can the situation in Turkey be categorized as idiosyncratic – or are Turkey’s problems the ‘canary in the coalmine’ ahead of wider EM contagion? More