- California remains a high-risk area for wildfires, which may disrupt work and housing in impacted areas.
- UBS maintains its commitment to assisting our employees, clients and communities during times of crisis.
- If you are looking to donate to victims or navigate fire-related financial challenges, your UBS Advisor is here to help.
California is known for sunny days and great weather, but the threat of major wildfires is a growing concern across the state. After record-setting fires over the last couple of years, California is dealing with another challenging fire season fueled by low humidity and high winds.
Once you are clear of dangerous or challenging conditions related to a wildfire, it’s important to take a moment to assess your property, insurance and personal finances and how they may be impacted by the event. UBS is committed to assisting its employees, its clients and its communities if impacted by a fire, hurricane or any other natural disaster.
Below is an abbreviated list of resources available for anyone in need of assistance:
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is providing assistance to those in need of immediate shelter.
- You may access services online, where you can apply for financial assistance, find rental properties and locate other resources to help you recover and rebuild.
- You can get current information from FEMA.
- You can download FEMA’s app for Apple and Android devices.
- The American Red Cross website has critical information on disaster and emergency assistance including: finding shelter in affected areas; help with confirming the safety of loved ones; and tips on recovering after a disaster.