Understanding your life and what you want to accomplish is essential to how we work together at UBS. And while many wealth managers still see outperformance or an abstract notion of “risk tolerance” as primary guiding factors for investment strategies, our purpose-driven approach is built entirely around your financial life, goals and objectives.
We start with a conversation that helps us focus on what’s really important to you, guided by five simple questions:
- What do you want to accomplish in your life?
- Who are the people that matter most to you?
- What do you want your legacy to be?
- What are your main concerns?
- How do you plan to achieve your life’s vision?
Then, we organize your financial life along three key strategies:
- Liquidity—to maintain your lifestyle.
- Longevity—to improve your lifestyle.
- Legacy—to improve the lives of others.
In its white paper, Liquidity. Longevity. Legacy. A purpose-driven approach to wealth management , CIO Americas, Wealth Management (CIO-A WM) outlines the fundamental underpinnings of this framework—how it works, why it works, how to implement it and why it matters for you. It’s meant to help you clearly understand where your money is—and why. And the clarity it provides is designed to give you the confidence to do what matters most, no matter what the markets are doing.
The three strategies include: