We hope to address the following
- Food security and food sustainability issues,
- Inequality and Inefficiencies in the food production systems
- The general lack of public awareness of the issues surrounding the global food system
- The general lack of manpower resources for the agriculture industries globally
Our solutions are:
- Increase food production capacity in urban spaces by identifying under-utilized spaces such as rooftops and sidewalks, indoor office spaces, corridors and existing landscaped gardens, above bodies of water and under the sea.
- Increase food production capabilities by going vertical and using technology such as sensors and automation.
- Create a sustainable food supply and distribution value chain that is fair to local and overseas producers
- Develop a educational framework to train and educate future urban farmers.
- Develop a communication and PR strategy to draw awareness of food systems globally
- Develop a training, employment and support framework that is inclusive of people with disabilities