Can businesses be the answer to social challenges? We think so and this is why we support social entrepreneurship in Switzerland.
- We work with partner organizations such as Ashoka, the Impact Hub Zurich and Social Entrepreneurship Impact & Finance (seif).
- Experienced UBS employees mentor selected social entrepreneurs through a volunteering program. They discuss their mentee's projects, advise them and provide valuable contacts.
Together, we want to contribute to establish social entrepreneurship in Switzerland and to ensure that sustainable business ideas contribute to our economy's success in the long run. Our commitment is also geared towards the long term and we intend to further expand our activities in this area.
- Social Entrepreneurship Impact & Finance (seif) supports and promotes Social Entrepreneurs through a combination of consulting, training, mentoring programs and general support tailored to their needs.
- Seif links Social Entrepreneurs with representatives from corporates, universities, foundations and others.
- UBS and seif partner on different mentoring programs and bring together Social Entrepreneurs and banking experts with the goal of improving the positive impact of local social enterprises. UBS is also a sponsor of the annual seif Award for Entrepreneurial Innovation.
Impact Hub Zurich
Impact Hub Zurich
- Impact Hub Zurich brings together Social Entrepreneurs who are on a mission to find sustainable solutions for society's most challenging problems.
- Impact Hub offers them co-working spaces, access to a world-wide network, collaboration with like-minded people as well as events and workshops.
- UBS supports Impact Hub Zurich with volunteers. In 2015 we supported the Social Impact Award for student Social Entrepreneurs for the first time.
- Ashoka, is the largest network of social entrepreneurs worldwide, with over 3,000 Ashoka Fellows in 80 countries putting their system-changing ideas into practice on a global scale.
- Ashoka Switzerland started its activities in 2007 and currently supports 12 local Ashoka Fellows and 4 localised international Fellows. Through various other programmes it has also supported around 100 local Social Entrepreneurs.
- UBS in Switzerland and Ashoka Switzerland work together on a number of accelerator projects for Social Entrepreneurs – including Swiss Changemaker and UBS Social Innovators.