In EMEA UBS works with a number of network partners who support Social Entrepreneurs, as well as supporting Social Entrepreneurs directly. Find out more about our network partners below, and see some of the individual social entrepreneurs here.
Our EMEA network partners:
Hackney Cooperative Developments
- Hackney Co-operative Developments (HCD) supports the creation and growth of co-operatives and social enterprises to grow the locally-owned social economy in Hackney borough.
- UBS partners with HCD on its Pioneering Social Enterprise in Hackney (PSEH) program which offers a one-stop shop for free advice and training for new and existing social enterprises in Hackney. PSEH Services are delivered free at the point of use to all qualifying social enterprises.
- UnLtd is a leading provider of support to social entrepreneurs in the UK. UnLtd operates a unique model by investing directly in individuals and offering a complete package of resources; from awards of funding to ongoing advice, networking and practical support.
- UBS supports UnLtd's Connect program with funding and volunteers. UnLtd Connect aims to develop the skills, aspirations and opportunities for unemployed young people aged 18-25 across Hackney and the wider East End.
City Bridge Trust
- City Bridge Trust is the City of London Corporation's charity and makes grants to charitable projects working to benefit the inhabitants of Greater London. It distributes £20m each year.
- UBS partnered City Bridge Trust to deliver their Stepping Stones Fund grant program aimed at developing the capacity and understanding of London-based social sector organizations to access different types of financing.
The Young Foundation
- The Young Foundation is a mixed methods social innovation agency that tackles structural inequality. The Young Foundation works across the UK and internationally.
- UBS partnered with The Young Foundation to create the Young Academy, an incubator and investment fund that supports the scaling up of social enterprises reducing the education attainment gap and improving life chances for pupils from poor or disadvantaged backgrounds.
- CAN is committed to supporting other charities and social ventures maximize their impact, sustainability and growth through the provision of premises, skills and finance.
- In partnership with UBS, CAN launched a loan fund to accelerate positive early intervention impact on communities and individuals in East London. Following matched funding from Funding London, the Early Intervention Fund was able to extend its reach with increased loan amounts up to £100k.
- Ashoka, is the largest network of social entrepreneurs worldwide, with over 3,000 Ashoka Fellows in 80 countries putting their system-changing ideas into practice on a global scale.
- UBS in Israel and Germany have collaborated with Ashoka in a number of ways from organising an annual social entrepreneurship event in Germany to mentoring social entrepreneurs in Israel.