Cordelia from our Junior Talent team shares her top tips on how to secure a Graduate program at UBS.
Are you interested in the Investment Bank or Asset Management? Or how about Group Technology, Group Risk Control, Group Operations or Human Resources? No matter where you are in your academic career, there are plenty of opportunities to learn about our businesses. And you could learn what having a career with us might be like.
With applications opening soon for all of our Graduate programs across UBS, we thought we'd share some top tips for succeeding at different stages of our application.
Part 1: Online application stage
1. Do your research and make your application UBS specific
2. What makes us different from our competitors? Really think about why you want to work for us and think about our core values and offerings as a bank.
3. Look through our seven core competencies to help prepare a competency based answer for each, think about the following;
- What the situation was
- What action you took
- What the outcome was
4. We want to know about all your work experience, any part-time / summer jobs – even if they are not directly related to the role you are applying to. This says a lot about your personality.
5. Numerical testing – don’t fall at the first hurdle. It's always worth practising the numerical test and making sure you're familiar with the content. Our numerical test wants to measure your understanding of tables and also numerical data.