Why it matters
- More than 700 million people live below the poverty line. Learn about the World Bank's definition of poverty here.
- Globally, more than 204 million are out of work, according to the International Labour Organization's estimate for 2017.
- More than two billion people don't have access to basic sanitation or constant electricity.
- Poor infrastructure prevents access to education, jobs, markets and information.
- Industrialization has a scaling effect, with a job in manufacturing creating 2.2 jobs elsewhere.
Global Visionaries focused on Economic Opportunity:
This theme includes the following UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Don't miss out
Sign up to our newsletter and get updates about Global Visionaries directly to your inbox.