SheEO’s ecosystem-based model aims to dramatically improve outcomes for women entrepreneurs.
- SheEO is a crowd-funded, crowd-supported ecosystem that provides interest-free loans to women-identifying and gender non-conforming entrepreneurs working towards sustainability goals. As the loans are paid back, the funds are re-invested in new ventures, creating a perpetual fund in each country.
- This is important because women-led ventures still only receive a tiny fraction of investment capital – just 2.2% of U.S. venture capital in 20181,2.
- SheEO entrepreneurs are backed by 'activators' – women who support as customers, advisors, network connections and funders. The model is designed to be rooted in each country and leverage the activators' global network to help ventures scale their impact.
- So far, more than 5,000 activators from five countries have invested over USD5mn into 68 ventures, with interest from more than 70 other countries. SheEO say that to date, ventures average triple digit revenue growth, while their portfolio has a 95% payback rate.
- Vicki's accolades include being selected as a Global Leader for Tomorrow by the World Economic Forum3, named a Business Leader of the Year4 and winning a Startup Canada award5.
This material is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as investment advice or the basis for making any investment decisions. It is not intended to be regarded as investment research, a sales prospectus, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell any product or other specific service. The views and opinions expressed in this material are those of the respective speakers/authors and may differ or be contrary to opinions expressed by UBS Switzerland AG, its subsidiaries or affiliates ("UBS"). Neither UBS nor any of its directors, officers, employees or agents accepts any liability for any loss or damage arising out of the use of all or any part of this material or reliance upon any information contained or provided herein. The information and data presented by the speaker/author may be deemed reliable; however, their accuracy and completeness is not guaranteed or verified by UBS and providing you with this information is not to be considered a solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any securities, investments, strategies or products that may be mentioned. The information, data and any opinions expressed in this material are current as of the date of publication of this material and are subject to change without notice. UBS is under no obligation to update or keep current the information contained in this material. The viewer/reader should not construe the contents of this material as legal, tax, accounting, regulatory, or other specialist or technical advice or services, or investment advice or a personal recommendation or a substitute for the exercise of his/her own judgment. Viewers/readers should refer to their own professional advisors and consultants for advice.
As a firm providing wealth management services to clients, UBS Financial Services Inc. offers investment advisory services in its capacity as an SEC-registered investment adviser and brokerage services in its capacity as an SEC-registered broker-dealer. Investment advisory services and brokerage services are separate and distinct, differ in material ways and are governed by different laws and separate arrangements. It is important that clients understand the ways in which we conduct business, that they carefully read the agreements and disclosures that we provide to them about the products or services we offer. For more information, please review the PDF document at ubs.com/relationshipsummary.
No affiliation, association, sponsorship or endorsement is suggested or implied by UBS to any person, entity, company or organization appearing, featured or mentioned in this material.
UBS specifically prohibits the redistribution or reproduction of this material in whole or in part without the prior written permission of UBS. UBS accepts no liability whatsoever for any claims or lawsuits from any third parties arising from the use or distribution of this material.
USA: Distributed to US persons by UBS Financial Services Inc., a subsidiary of UBS AG and a member of FINRA/SIPC. UBS Securities LLC is a subsidiary of UBS AG and an affiliate of UBS Financial Services Inc.
© UBS 2020. The key symbol and UBS are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of UBS. All rights reserved.
SheEO works towards these UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Other Global Visionaries you might find interesting:
Or you can view and select from all of our Global Visionaries