Too Good To Go dreams of a world with no food waste, and works with businesses, schools, governments and households to make it happen.
- Too Good To Go connects people with food that shops and restaurants would otherwise have thrown away, from baked goods to groceries. It is the world’s largest anti-food waste app, with almost 20 million users across 15 countries, who have to date saved more than 30 million meals.
- One-third of all food produced for human consumption goes to waste; this comes at a huge environmental cost, responsible for about 8% of the world's greenhouse gases plus the land, water and other resources used to produce the food1. Too Good To Go estimates to have saved over 76-thousand tons of CO22.
- The certified B-Corporation3 employs about 500 people and works with almost 40,000 food partners, including Lidl, Morrisons, Starbucks and Pizza Hut. They plan to open in New York and Boston in late 2020.
- Too Good To Go partners with the FAO4 to distribute free educational material to young people and, as confusion about the difference between 'best before' and 'use by' dates accounts for 10% of food waste5, also works with producers like Carlsberg and Nestle to improve labelling6.
- Too Good To Go has won various awards including Europe's hottest start up at Next Web 20197, while Mette previously co-founded fitness app Endomondo which later sold to US sports brand Under Armour and now has more than 30-million users globally.
This material is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as investment advice or the basis for making any investment decisions. It is not intended to be regarded as investment research, a sales prospectus, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell any product or other specific service. The views and opinions expressed in this material are those of the respective speakers/authors and may differ or be contrary to opinions expressed by UBS Switzerland AG, its subsidiaries or affiliates ("UBS"). Neither UBS nor any of its directors, officers, employees or agents accepts any liability for any loss or damage arising out of the use of all or any part of this material or reliance upon any information contained or provided herein. The information and data presented by the speaker/author may be deemed reliable; however, their accuracy and completeness is not guaranteed or verified by UBS and providing you with this information is not to be considered a solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any securities, investments, strategies or products that may be mentioned. The information, data and any opinions expressed in this material are current as of the date of publication of this material and are subject to change without notice. UBS is under no obligation to update or keep current the information contained in this material. The viewer/reader should not construe the contents of this material as legal, tax, accounting, regulatory, or other specialist or technical advice or services, or investment advice or a personal recommendation or a substitute for the exercise of his/her own judgment. Viewers/readers should refer to their own professional advisors and consultants for advice.
As a firm providing wealth management services to clients, UBS Financial Services Inc. offers investment advisory services in its capacity as an SEC-registered investment adviser and brokerage services in its capacity as an SEC-registered broker-dealer. Investment advisory services and brokerage services are separate and distinct, differ in material ways and are governed by different laws and separate arrangements. It is important that clients understand the ways in which we conduct business, that they carefully read the agreements and disclosures that we provide to them about the products or services we offer. For more information, please review the PDF document at ubs.com/relationshipsummary.
No affiliation, association, sponsorship or endorsement is suggested or implied by UBS to any person, entity, company or organization appearing, featured or mentioned in this material.
UBS specifically prohibits the redistribution or reproduction of this material in whole or in part without the prior written permission of UBS. UBS accepts no liability whatsoever for any claims or lawsuits from any third parties arising from the use or distribution of this material.
USA: Distributed to US persons by UBS Financial Services Inc., a subsidiary of UBS AG and a member of FINRA/SIPC. UBS Securities LLC is a subsidiary of UBS AG and an affiliate of UBS Financial Services Inc.
© UBS 2021. The key symbol and UBS are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of UBS. All rights reserved.
Mette Lykke's updates:
Other Global Visionaries you might find interesting:
Or you can view and select from all of our Global Visionaries