Tmrw Digital will connect education, technology and finance… so every child can fulfil their potential in school.
- Tmrw Digital aims to find the best ways of using tech to democratize access to education.
- According to UNESCO, nearly 263 million children are not in school – to meet the UN's Sustainability Goal of quality education for all, we would need an extra 69 million teachers by 2030.
- Technology could provide a solution, but a 2015 OECD report found that countries that had invested in IT for education had seen no noticeable improvement in reading, mathematics or science results.
- Tmrw Digital aims to address this by consulting teachers, learners, governments, entrepreneurs and investors – and 'translating' between their different communication and thinking styles.
- Vikas has already achieved much success as part of the Varkey Foundation, which aims to promote access to education: He spearheaded the training of more than 25,000 teachers; pioneered a tech platform to reach marginalized girls in sub-Saharan Africa; and celebrated successful classroom teachers with the $1m Global Teacher Prize, dubbed the Nobel Prize of education.
This material is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as investment advice or the basis for making any investment decisions. It is not intended to be regarded as investment research, a sales prospectus, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell any product or other specific service. The views and opinions expressed in this material are those of the respective speakers/authors and are not necessarily those of UBS Switzerland AG, its subsidiaries or affiliates ("UBS").
Neither UBS nor any of its directors, officers, employees or agents accepts any liability for any loss or damage arising out of the use of all or any part of this material or reliance upon any information contained or provided herein. The information and data presented by the speaker/author may be deemed reliable; however, their accuracy and completeness is not guaranteed or verified by UBS and providing you with this information is not to be considered a solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any securities, investments, strategies or products that may be mentioned. The information, data and any opinions expressed in this material are current as of the date of publication of this material, are subject to change without notice and may differ or be contrary to opinions expressed by UBS. UBS is under no obligation to update or keep current the information contained in this material. The viewer/reader should not construe the contents of this material as legal, tax, accounting, regulatory, or other specialist or technical advice or services, or investment advice or a personal recommendation or a substitute for the exercise of his/her own judgment. Viewers/readers should refer to their own professional advisors and consultants for specialist or technical advice or services.
In providing wealth management services to clients, we offer both investment advisory and brokerage services which are separate and distinct and differ in material ways. For information, including the different laws and contracts that govern, visit ubs.com/workingwithus.
No affiliation, association, sponsorship or endorsement is suggested or implied by UBS to any person, entity, company or organization appearing, featured or mentioned in this material.
UBS specifically prohibits the redistribution or reproduction of this material in whole or in part without the prior written permission of UBS. UBS accepts no liability whatsoever for any claims or lawsuits from any third parties arising from the use or distribution of this material.
USA: Distributed to US persons by UBS Financial Services Inc., a subsidiary of UBS AG and a member of FINRA/SIPC. UBS Securities LLC is a subsidiary of UBS AG and an affiliate of UBS Financial Services Inc.
© UBS 2019. The key symbol and UBS are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of UBS. All rights reserved.
The use of the SDG logo, including the color wheel, and icons by an entity does not imply the endorsement of the United Nations of such entity, its products or services, or of its planned activities.
The SDG logo, including the color wheel, and icons may not be reproduced for the purpose of self-promotion, or for obtaining any commercial or personal financial gain.
Tmrw Digital works towards these UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Other Global Visionaries you might find interesting:
Or you can view and select from all of our Global Visionaries