What if I could give disadvantaged kids structure, discipline and purpose through dance?
- D1 is a non-profit organisation that uses dance to help troubled youth in Peru.
- They use hip hop and rap to draw them in but then provide other life lessons.
- Their workshops have been attended by 7,000 kids - many from violent backgrounds.
- D1 scales impact by training teenagers to be young leaders who then replicate the model.
- This methodology means their program has reached an estimated 170,000 individuals to date.
D1 Asociación Cultural works towards these UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Other Global Visionaries you might find interesting:
Or you can view and select from all of our Global Visionaries