The average supermarket wastes 300 meals a week, this food should always go to people and never bins.
- FoodCloud is a tech platform that connects businesses with surplus food with charities and community groups in Ireland and the UK.
- This helps reduce the food costs for the charities and ensures nutritious food gets to those who need it. It represents a significant environmental benefit in reducing the amount of good food sent to waste.
- 1.3 metric gigatons of edible food goes to waste every year and at least 795 million people are undernourished worldwide, according to UN figures
- More than 3,200 supermarkets and over 120 food suppliers are donating food to more than 7,600 charities in Ireland and the UK – a total of more than 11,300 tonnes of food - the equivalent of 25 million meals
- FoodCloud founder Iseult Ward was included on Forbes 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs European list in 2017.
FoodCloud works towards these UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Other Global Visionaries you might find interesting:
Or you can view and select from all of our Global Visionaries