Africa can become the next manufacturing hub for global markets.
- Made in Africa Initiative advises African companies and governments on commercial industrialization.
- It says African countries can benefit from the relocation of 85 million jobs from China to jumpstart their economic transformation.
- Helen Hai is a UNIDO Goodwill Ambassador and became a WEF Young Global Leader in 2015.
- She set up a shoe factory in Ethiopia in 2011 and within two years had recruited 4,000 local workers. She then co-founded C&H Garments which has a presence in Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda and Senegal.
- Helen was inspired by witnessing how China's industrialization lifted 680 million people out of poverty.
Made in Africa Initiative works towards these UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Other Global Visionaries you might find interesting:
Or you can view and select from all of our Global Visionaries