Nature is a very good teacher. It teaches the principle of balance.
- Edible Garden City champions the urban farming movement by growing food in under-utilized spaces such as rooftops and empty lots under viaducts.
- Co-founder Bjorn and team started out in Singapore which is land-scarce and heavily dependent on imports.
- They aim to address issues including food security and sustainability; inefficiencies in production; the public's lack of awareness of the global food system; underemployment of disadvantaged people; and urban waste management.
- They believe that growing food re-connects urbanites with natures, conserves natural resources and cultivates a sense of community.
- They use an educational framework including technology and sustainable practices to train future urban farmers.
Edible Garden City works towards these UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Other Global Visionaries you might find interesting:
Or you can view and select from all of our Global Visionaries