In order to meet today’s regulatory requirements, fulfill the qualitative demands and needs of fund management companies and promote comprehensive investor protection, regular and independent controls in accordance with the Collective Investment Schemes Act (CISA) are essential for fund solutions under Swiss law. With UBS as your custodian bank, Investment Fund Act Compliance (IFAC) provides the necessary controls and offers you a modern, professional and independent control solution.
- During the launch of new funds (e.g. subfunds), IFAC provides fund management companies / SICAVs with support, for example, in drawing up the fund contract.
- Once the fund is launched, IFAC checks whether the fund management company / SICAV is acting in line with the applicable legislation and fund regulations. The controls are performed using dedicated custodian bank systems and databases that are separate from those of the fund management companies / fund administrators. This permits the performance of independent custodian bank controls.
- In the event of a fund liquidation, IFAC checks whether the units redeemed correspond to the custodian bank’s accounting records. The liquidation process and the associated payments are also checked.
- Certainty of compliance with the quality requirements of regulators through the implementation of modern controls
- Adherence to the requirements of CISA, FINMA and the auditors
- Independent controls that are not based on fund management company or fund administrator applications / tools
- High frequency of controls
- NAV plausibility check at every publication
- Weekly check of holdings and compliance with the investment guidelines
- Flexible structure for different kind of fund solutions
- Established and regularly audited processes