With World Child Cancer
#TOGETHERBAND supports charities and organisations such as The Power of Nutrition by raising awareness around what they do, as well as funding through band sales.
What they do: Improve treatment access and provide emotional and financial support to children with cancer and their families. They do that by twinning staff and hospitals in resource rich countries with those with limited resources to train healthcare workers and improve treatment standards.
Their aim: Give equal access to the best possible treatment and care for every child with cancer.
Global Entrepreneur and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, #TOGETHERBAND ambassador for Goal 3
Dr. George Daley
Dean of Harvard Medical School, #TOGETHERBAND expert for Goal 3
Across the firm, we are seeing clients turn to us for advice on how they can finance the transition to a lower-carbon economy, support sustainable finance and better tackle twenty-first century risks.
That's why we've put together goal-specific insights from across our business divisions; Global Wealth Management, Asset Management and Investment Banking, to help you answer the question – Do your investments match your values?
Read from our UBS experts
- Investing in good health and well-being: UBS House View. Quick read
- Aligning with SDG #3 in your investments. Read our Chief Investment Office's report here
- Could a 4 day week equal more productivity? Quick read
- Will genetic therapies revolutionize healthcare? Quick read
- Investing in well-being to meet 21st century needs. Asset Management view. Quick read
- Long-term trends – how will they play out in a post COVID-19 world? Asset Management view. Read here
- Profit from advances in healthcare during the Covid-19 crisis. Quick read
Emerging market healthcare
An aging EM population will require public healthcare investment in EM to grow sharply to prevent an impending healthcare crisis.
As healthcare costs grow, government policy and demographics will be important drivers of increased generic drug sales.
Genetic therapies use genes and cells to treat serious diseases. Replacing defective DNA can remove the cause of an illness and restore health.
An aging population is putting more pressure on healthcare budgets, spurring healthcare providers to explore adopting new technologies.
An aging population and growth of the over 65 year age group will create more opportunities for companies selling medical devices.
Urbanization and rising per-capita GDP in EMs will contribute to an ever-greater prevalence of global obesity.
Advances in cancer therapeutics will create new multi-billion dollar opportunities for successful drugs.