We believe a disability-aware strategy goes beyond workplace adjustments. Here are a few of our initiatives:
- To help us hire more effectively, UBS is a member of MyPlus Consulting.
- In 2018, we began the journey to introduce remote captioning so employees with hearing impairments can engage with our global townhalls and shareholder meetings.
- Interested employees can join a disAbility Awareness Network in Switzerland, the UK or US. We focus on awareness, education, recruitment, retention, support and accessibility for both clients and employees.
- In the UK, our Headscape network helps build a more mentally healthy workplace. UBS has also joined “This is Me,” a pioneering London-wide mental health campaign. Our This is Me film premiered at Mental Health Awareness Week 2017.
- UBS provides dyslexic employees globally with accessibility software to support their reading and writing in the workplace.
- To raise awareness of disabilities and strengthen their understanding, some of our senior leaders volunteered to get a glimpse of what it could be like to work with a physical impairment. As an inclusive employer, we are committed to supporting our people, whatever comes their way. Watch the video.