- In terms of dining at restaurants and traffic congestion vs. last year, Arizona, Florida, and Texas are among the states that have opened up the most.
- California, Massachusetts, and New York have seen little reopening, with dining out still close to zero.
- The number of hourly workers on payroll (relative to before the pandemic) varies widely across different cities.
- The number is low in New York and Chicago; it is much higher in Atlanta and Jacksonville, Florida.
- Western states including North Dakota and Montana have the highest number of business locations open.
- New York and Massachusetts have the fewest number of locations open; Illinois, Pennsylvania, and California are near the bottom.
Dining-Out Index vs. Relative Traffic Congestion in US States (as of 24-May-20)
Hourly Workers Index in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Jacksonville
Locations Open Index: Top and Bottom 10 (as of 24-May-20)