- Despite social distancing, more than 60% of employees are still going to work as usual. Fewer than 20% are mostly or entirely working from home.
- Approximately one-third of employees have not felt a significant impact from Covid-19. Another 35% have seen their income decrease, though they get more leave in compensation.
- Around 20% are afraid they will lose their job or their business won't survive. This figure is significantly higher among low-income respondents.
- 43% of respondents feel they are under moderate or high financial stress, especially those with low incomes (below 3m won).
- Those who go to work as usual are under less stress than those who are working from home.
Working-from-home status among Korean employees
Changes in working & income situation after Covid-19 outbreak
Extent of financial stress owning to Covid-19 by monthly household income
Extent of financial stress owning to Covid-19 by working-from-home status