- Traffic congestion in major cities has been rising and was as high as ~70% of last year's level before dipping in early May.
- Wuhan has lower relative congestion but has been recovering more rapidly.
- The latest migration data shows a year-over-year decline in movement between Chinese provinces in early May followed by a recovery to 20% below last year's level.
- Movement out of Chinese provinces has been accelerating but remains below year-ago levels.
- A month ago, movement out of most provinces was still decelerating y/y.
Traffic Congestion in Chinese Cities in 2020 Relative to 2019
Movement Between Provinces in China – Change y/y
Movement Out of Provinces in China