- Two-thirds of US consumers are using Facebook more often since the outbreak of COVID-19, while 41% are using Instagram more often.
- Facebook maintains its lead in daily users as a percentage of monthly users, at 68%, followed by Instagram at 54%.
- Instagram leads in the percentage of monthly users who have taken an action (e.g., visit a website, share with friends) after seeing an advertisement on the platform, at 60%.
- TikTok and Facebook are second, at 55% and 54%, respectively.
- Instagram also leads in the percentage of users who have bought a product or service on the platform, at 13%, followed by TikTok (12%) and Facebook (11%).
Which Social Media Platform(s) Are You Using More of Since the COVID-19 Outbreak?
Daily Users as Percentage of Monthly Users
Percentage of Monthly Users Taking Action After Seeing Ad
Percentage of Users Who Bought Products/Services Advertised on the Platform