- The dataset includes 140,000 active users who scan 4 million receipts per month.
- The share of retail transactions at grocery stores and dollar stores surged in March and April, while hypermarkets' and convenience stores' share declined.
- Discretionary retailers have seen their share of transactions decline, with the exception of home improvement.
- In the 3 months to April 30, dollar stores, grocery stores, and home improvement saw the largest increases in share.
- Among restaurants, pizza increased its share of transactions faster than before the pandemic, while casual dining and coffee have been losing share more rapidly.
Which Store Types Are Gaining Share? (Z-Score, Trailing 12 Months)
Share of Transactions at Discretionary Retailers (Z-Score, Trailing 12 Months)
Share of Transactions at Various Retailers (Z-Score, Trailing 3 Months)
Share of Transactions at Restaurants (Z-Score, Trailing 12 Months)