UBS Hedge Fund Solutions, is a key provider of fund of hedge fund strategies within UBS Asset Management, and is a result of the March 2004 integration of the O'Connor Multi-Manager program established in 2000 and the Alternative Investment Strategies group in Hong Kong, which was established in 1994.
Today, UBS Hedge Fund Solutions is a truly global business that leverages resources and contact networks around the world to create a robust investment environment where ideas are generated, analyzed and debated. This combined group has substantial experience managing multi-manager products. UBS Hedge Fund Solutions focuses on creating global diversified products to meet the demands of clients around the world.
With assets under management of USD 34.0 billion (as of 1 January 2016), UBS Hedge Fund Solutions is one of the largest investors in hedge funds in the world* with investment teams located in Stamford, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
UBS Hedge Fund Solutions's combination of people and process creates key differentiating factors:
- Forward-looking, independent manager research grounded in dynamic strategy analysis
- Direct, comprehensive involvement by senior members and global team in all phases of the investment process
- Blend of capital markets and hedge fund industry experience that promotes bottom-up sourcing of top quality hedge funds, supports strong relationships with fund managers, and provides a thorough understanding of the drivers of risk and return
- Global Investment Committee approach to portfolio management that fosters intellectually honest debate, leverages a global perspective, emphasizes the combination of uncorrelated alpha sources and the avoidance of tail risk
- An established platform with the deep resources, systems and commitment to success that comes from being a part of UBS
- A culture of control, risk management, and independent oversight, both investment and operational
UBS Hedge Fund Solutions offers a wide range of fund of fund strategies which provide broad-based, diversified exposure to the hedge fund "asset class" with various risk and return profiles.