Bruno Bertocci, Head of the Global Sustainable Equities team, and lead Portfolio Manager of the Global Sustainable Equity Portfolio and the Global Sustainable Impact Equity Portfolio.
He recently sat down to share his views on the outlook for sustainable investment strategies.
Here are some highlights from his recent podcast.
- There are a variety of sustainable investing approaches: exclusion, ESG integration, sustainability focused and impact investing, and we’ve seen a change over time in how investors think about these different approaches.
- Integrating material, non-financial factors in your investment process can both align your portfolio with a sustainable outcome and also help improve your portfolio’s risk and return profile.
- Impact investing, the fastest growing category of sustainable investing, focuses on investing in products and services delivered by companies that address one of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- We are seeing rapid change in sustainable investing opportunities. We’re seeing a trend of new industries spring up to adapt to a lower carbon economy, such as in the field of batteries and solar power.
- Companies that have not gotten on board with the drive towards lower carbon are going to get left behind. They’re the buggy whip manufacturers of today, they're not going to be around 10 years from now, and sustainable investors are very aware of that.
Views and opinions expressed are presented for informational purposes only and are a reflection of UBS Asset Management’s best judgment at the time a report or other content was compiled. UBS specifically prohibits the redistribution or reproduction of this material in whole or in part without the prior written permission of UBS and UBS accepts no liability whatsoever for the actions of third parties in this respect. The information and opinions contained in the content of this webpage have been compiled or arrived at based upon information obtained from sources believed to be reliable and in good faith but no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All such information and opinions are subject to change without notice but any obligation to update or alter forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise is disclaimed. Source for all data/charts, if not stated otherwise: UBS Asset Management.
Any market or investment views expressed are not intended to be investment research. Materials have not been prepared to address requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and are not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research. The information contained in this webpage does not constitute a distribution, nor should it be considered a recommendation to purchase or sell any particular security or fund. The materials and content provided will not constitute investment advice and should not be relied upon as the basis for investment decisions. As individual situations may differ, clients should seek independent professional tax, legal, accounting or other specialist advisors as to the legal and tax implication of investing. Plan fiduciaries should determine whether an investment program is prudent in light of a plan's own circumstances and overall portfolio. A number of the comments in the content of this webpage are considered forward-looking statements. Actual future results, however, may vary materially. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential for profit is accompanied by possibility of loss.
© UBS 2021 The key symbol and UBS are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of UBS.