UBS’s Corporate Responsibility activities again receive "Prime status" rating
UBS was once again awarded a "prime" corporate rating in oekom research AG’s "Financials / Commercial Banks & Capital Markets" report issued in March 2014. oekom is one of the world’s leading rating agencies in the area of sustainable investment. Its report analyzes the ecological and social performance of the world’s largest commercial banks. The following UBS Corporate Responsibility activities made a particularly positive impression:
- thorough integration of environmental and social aspects in its lending business
- a wide range of socially responsible capital investments and services
- a Group-wide integrated environmental management system
According to oekom, UBS was one of only 25 of the 291 banks analyzed (8.59 percent) which met the minimum requirements for the management of social and environmental challenges and thus received oekom‘s prime status.
UBS was also given a very positive assessment in Imug‘s sustainability ratings for bank bonds. Imug surveyed 126 banks; UBS fared particularly well in the following points:
- UBS is
- one of the top 6 of 126 assessed national and international issuers of bank bonds.
- one of the major bank bond issuers that achieved the highest points in its peer group
- one of the credit institutions (incl. major banks) that achieved the highest points in its peer group
- In the sustainability survey of mortgage sector covered bonds (standard weighting 40 per cent sustainability of issuer, 60 per cent sustainability of real estate lending business), UBS is
- in the top quartile of surveyed issuers of mortgage covered bonds
- in the top quartile of all surveyed major bank issuers of mortgage covered bonds
- in the top quartile of all surveyed credit institution (incl. major banks) issuers of mortgage covered bonds
Visit the UBS Corporate Responsibility Website for more information or contact UBS's Corporate Responsibility Management team directly via: email@example.com
oekom research AG is one of the world’s leading rating agencies in the area of sustainable investment, and since its foundation in 1993, it has played an active part in shaping the sustainable investment market.
imug Nachhaltiges Investment is an independent rating agency, based in Hannover (Germany), which rates companies, states and financial institutions on their sustainability. Imug has been a partner of the EIRIS Global Platform – a worldwide network of independent rating agencies – since the mid-1990s