Paul joined UBS Wealth Management in August 2016, and is the Global Chief Economist. He is a member of the Global Investment Committee, a UBS Opinion Leader, a sponsor of UBS Speak Up and a UBS Pride Ally. Paul is responsible for developing and presenting the UBS economic outlook, marketing the view around the world. He started at UBS Investment Bank as an intern in 1992, and was Global Economist. He has an MA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from Oxford University, and an MSc in Financial Economics from the University of London. He is an Honorary Fellow of St Anne's College Oxford, appears regularly in print and broadcast media, and is the author of several books (all available from Amazon.com).
Paul Donovan daily
Economic commentary discussing the current issues that are affecting economies and financial markets around the globe.
Appearances in the media
A selection of recent appearances, in the print, television, radio and on-line media
- 26.02.2017: Monocle: Paul Donovan - Inflation and inequality
- 23.02.2017: CNBC US: Paul Donovan - How President Trump's proposed border tax will impact the US consumer
- 07.02.2017: Bloomberg TV: Paul Donovan - Market concerns are about Le Pen's Position
- 07.02.2017: City A.M. - Paul Donovan - Inflation is striking back and it will have implications for our politics
- 29 December 2016: Financial Times: Paul Donovan - Dollar will find buyers hard to find in 2017
- 22 November 2016: Nikkei Asian Review: Paul Donovan - Getting it wrong, in politics and economics
- 30 June 2016: Nikkei Asian Review: Paul Donovan - No referendum is an island
- 10 June 2016: Nikkei Asian Review: What constitutes a good university education in today's world?
- 24 March 2016: Nikkei Asian Review: The bottom line? Bigotry is bad for business
- 09 March 2016: Nikkei Asian Review: Are negative rates economically negative?
- 16 January 2016 – The Economic Times – India's economic growth to face pressure in near term: Paul Donovan, Global Economist, UBS Investment Bank
- 11 January 2016 – Bloomberg – Dollar May Weaken Even as Fed Raises Rates, Donovan Says
- 20 December 2015 – Telegraph – Inflation to drop to lowest level since before WWII
- 16 December 2015 – Financial Times – Markets Live: Paul Donovan at UBS What is there left to say on the Fed?
- 15 December 2015 – Bloomberg – Why Foreign Inflation Matters to Janet Yellen
- 30 November 2015: The Telegraph: China's yuan is joining the IMF's elite club of currencies. Why does it matter?
- 24 November 2015: Nikkei Asian Review: Divided we stand
- 04 November 2015: Nikkei Asian Review: Taking a bigger bite of economics
- 19 October 2015: Bloomberg – China's New Economy Won't Pack the Same Punch for Global Growth
- September 2015: Has China caused an Asian crisis?
- September 2015: What happens if the Fed lifts off in September?
- 24 September 2015: Financial Times – How do you solve a problem like de-globalization?
- 10 September 2015: CNBC TV – This is the beginning of the end for dollar strength: UBS economist
- 10 September 2015: CNBC – Should the Fed hold or raise interest rates?
- 10 September 2015: Nikkei Asian Review: Five ways equity markets can matter to the real economy
- August 2015: Can Japanese equities rise without a weaker currency?
- August 2015: Will Chinese volatility spill over to its economy?
- 11 August 2015: CNBC - Greece agrees deal with lenders
- July 2015: Will the equity bull market continue?
- 21 July 2015: CNBC - When will the Fed raise rates?
- 21 July 2015: CNBC - same-sex marriage law is good for the US economy: UBS
- 21 July 2015: Nikkei Asian Review: Without marriage equality, Asia may suffer
- 16 June 2015: Nikkei Asian Review : Why weakening the yen is a terrible idea
- 12 May 2015: Bloomberg: Oil Prices Stabilizing, Russia Does the Same
- 12 May 2015: Bloomberg: Draghi Disingenuous About Deflation Threat
- 12 May 2015: FT: How we’ve all been duped into subsidising our employers
- 12 May 2015: Guardian: What laptop sales can tell us about sluggish capital spending
- 11 May 2015: CNBC: Greek default implications still unclear
- 19 April 2015: Monocle: The Truth About Inflation
Chief Economist's Comment
Occasional articles answering some of the important economic questions of today
Should investors dump the Deutschemark? (06 March 2017)
Who pays the trade protection tax? (21 February 2017)
What does inflation mean for you? (16 January 2017)
Does technology trigger deflation (September 2016)
The return of the political economy (August 2016)
Articles authored or co-authored by Paul, for UBS Wealth Management / UBS group