Paul Donovan is responsible for formulating and presenting the UBS Investment Research global economic view, drawing on the bank’s world-wide resources. Paul co-authors the Global Economic Perspectives publication with other members of the Global Economics team and writes Global Economic Specials that focus on key topics of interests to investors.
Paul Donovan recently
Economic commentary discussing the current issues that are affecting economies and financial markets around the globe.
Due to the bank holiday on Monday 2 May, there will be no daily update on that day. Daily updates will resume on Tuesday 3 May.
Appearances in the media
- 24 March 2016: Nikkei Asian Review: The bottom line? Bigotry is bad for business
- 09 March 2016: Nikkei Asian Review: Are negative rates economically negative?
- 16 January 2016 – The Economic Times – India's economic growth to face pressure in near term: Paul Donovan, Global Economist, UBS Investment Bank
- 11 January 2016 – Bloomberg – Dollar May Weaken Even as Fed Raises Rates, Donovan Says
- 20 December 2015 – Telegraph – Inflation to drop to lowest level since before WWII
- 16 December 2015 – Financial Times – Markets Live: Paul Donovan at UBS What is there left to say on the Fed?
- 15 December 2015 – Bloomberg – Why Foreign Inflation Matters to Janet Yellen
- 30 November 2015: The Telegraph: China's yuan is joining the IMF's elite club of currencies. Why does it matter?
- 24 November 2015: Nikkei Asian Review: Divided we stand
- 04 November 2015: Nikkei Asian Review: Taking a bigger bite of economics
- 19 October 2015: Bloomberg – China's New Economy Won't Pack the Same Punch for Global Growth
- 24 September 2015: Financial Times – How do you solve a problem like de-globalization?
- 10 September 2015: CNBC TV – This is the beginning of the end for dollar strength: UBS economist
- 10 September 2015: CNBC – Should the Fed hold or raise interest rates?
- 10 September 2015: Nikkei Asian Review: Five ways equity markets can matter to the real economy
- 11 August 2015: CNBC - Greece agrees deal with lenders
- 21 July 2015: CNBC - When will the Fed raise rates?
- 21 July 2015: CNBC - same-sex marriage law is good for the US economy: UBS
- 21 July 2015: Nikkei Asian Review: Without marriage equality, Asia may suffer
- 16 June 2015: Nikkei Asian Review : Why weakening the yen is a terrible idea
- 12 May 2015: Bloomberg: Oil Prices Stabilizing, Russia Does the Same
- 12 May 2015: Bloomberg: Draghi Disingenuous About Deflation Threat
- 12 May 2015: FT: How we’ve all been duped into subsidising our employers
- 12 May 2015: Guardian: What laptop sales can tell us about sluggish capital spending
- 11 May 2015: CNBC: Greek default implications still unclear
- 19 April 2015: Monocle: The Truth About Inflation
The global economy is stronger than you think
In financial markets there is an adage: “you can’t trust Chinese data”. This is unfair to China – not because Chinese data is reliable, but because economic data from other countries is also unreliable…… Read more
What lies beneath (February 2016)
Economists are calm, even if equities are not (January 2016)
Why markets will keep getting the Fed wrong (December 2015)
One direction splits (November 2015)
US and European growth to shine in 2016 (November 2015)
The imminent inflation increase (October 2015)
Please be aware that all these links take you to external websites.