American (US), born 1945
Functions at UBS Group AG
Chairperson of the Audit Committee / member of the Compensation Committee / member of the Corporate Culture and Responsibility Committee
Year of initial election to UBS Group AG: 2014
Year of initial election to UBS AG: 2008
Professional history and education
William G. Parrett was elected to the BoD of UBS AG at the October 2008 Extraordinary General Meeting and of UBS Group AG in November 2014. He has chaired the Audit Committee since 2009, has been a member of the Corporate Culture and Responsibility Committee since 2012 and the Compensation Committee since 2015. Mr. Parrett served his entire executive career with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. He was CEO from 2003 until his retirement in 2007. Between 1999 and 2003, he was a Managing Partner of Deloitte & Touche USA LLP and served on Deloitte’s Global Executive Committee between 1999 and 2007. Mr. Parrett founded Deloitte’s US National Financial Services Industry Group in 1995 and its Global Financial Services Industry Group in 1997, both of which he led as Chairman. In his 40 years of experience in professional services, Mr. Parrett served public, private, governmental and state-owned clients worldwide. Mr. Parrett has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from St. Francis College, New York, and is a certified public accountant (New York).
Other activities and functions
- Board member of the Eastman Kodak Company (chairman of the audit and finance committee)
- Board member of the Blackstone Group LP (chairman of the audit committee and chairman of the conflicts committee)
- Board member of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (chairman of the audit committee)
- Chairman of the Board of Conduent Inc.
- Member of the Committee on Capital Markets Regulation
- Member of the Carnegie Hall Board of Trustees
- Past Chairman of the Board of the United States Council for International Business
- Past Chairman of United Way Worldwide