As part of your application process, you might be asked to complete online assessment tests. The below FAQ has been developed to answer any questions you may have about these tests.
Online assessment tests are utilized in select UBS geographical regions only. Where they are used, these tests help us to measure essential skills that are important for success at UBS. We look at the results alongside the information contained in your application to gain a balanced view of your skills and competencies.
You will be asked to complete one or two online tests:
- The numerical reasoning test measures your ability to understand and interpret numerical data.
- The logical reasoning test measures your ability to understand and grasp complex new concepts quickly.
- Shortly after your application, you will receive an email invitation to complete an online assessment. This contains a hyperlink that you can click to access the tests.
- You will be able to select your preferred language.
- You can choose to begin with practice questions to increase your familiarity with the test format, or you may proceed to the actual assessment.
- Make sure that you answer all of the questions and click through to the page confirming that your test is complete.
- Your results will be evaluated by HR and you will be contacted soon after.
Please note that the website uses pop-up windows, so you will need to have these enabled on your browser.
- We suggest that you begin with practice questions to increase your familiarity with the test format and types of questions.
- Complete the test as soon as you can so that we can process your test results quickly.
- Follow the instructions carefully.
- Answer all of the questions.
- Be sure to click through until you reach the final 'Thank you' page to confirm that you have completed the process.
You will be able to select your language of choice on the welcome page of the website.
- The numerical reasoning test is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Spanish
- The logical reasoning test is available in English, German, French, Italian and Japanese.
You can change languages at any point during the practice questions, but you will not be able to switch once you have begun the test itself.
UBS cannot divulge the score you received. Please await further communication from UBS.
When you log in, the system checks your computer for the correct setup you will need to complete the assessment.
The computer you use to access your assessment needs to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Internet Explorer® 6, 7, 8, 9
- Mozilla Firefox® 1 - 8
- Google™ Chrome 1-16
- Macintosh® Safari® 5
Please note: Internet browsers which are not fully supported will be allowed through the computer checking steps but as full testing has not been carried out on these browsers, your experience of the assessment process cannot be guaranteed.
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003, 7
- Macintosh® OS/X Leopard
You may need to upgrade your browser or use another computer to be able to successfully access the assessment system.
Click on the URL of the test again and proceed with the instructions shown on the screen.
Refer to the supported browser/ operating systems above and check your browser settings. Contact the helpdesk if your software meets the minimum requirements but you are still having problems. Contact details are listed at the end of this document.
Allow the test some more time to load fully. If the problem persists, please check your internet connection. Please also check that you have Java installed – refer to the browser check page.
Please see contact details below. When contacting technical support, please provide a detailed description of your technical problem, including information about your operating system, browser, error messages and what you were doing immediately before the error occurred.
APAC: +852 5808 0421
Japan: + 81 352 08 7777
UK: +44 207 022 8999
CH: 0800 001 668