This phase teaches you about the UBS product and service offerings as well as the financial planning process and related tools. You'll:
- obtain your Series 7 and Series 66 (if not already licensed)
- begin pursuing the Accredited Wealth Management Advisor (AWMA®) designation
- join other WPAs from across the country for a week of training in the UBS Wealth Management USA headquarters in Weehawken, NJ
Phase Two focuses on applying what you learned in Phase one, while building on that knowledge with virtual classroom sessions, online modules and case studies. You'll:
- begin to partner with financial advisors within your market to develop financial plans to meet the unique needs of each client
- complete the AWMA® and begin CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (CFP®) coursework
In Phase Three, you'll operate independently as a wealth planning specialist for financial advisors within your market. You'll
- proactively engage financial advisor teams
- lead financial planning meetings to deliver advice and wealth management solutions
- complete the CFP® curriculum and exam
During the final phase, you'll continue to lead planning discussions with clients, while starting to engage in the formal process of potentially being matched with a financial advisor team with whom you'll enter the next stage of your career.
At month 24, upon successful completion of the WPA program, you'll be eligible to join a financial advisor team within the local market as part of the UBS Wealth Manager Development Program. As part of this program, you'll:
- learn how to successfully transition from the WPA role to being a financial advisor
- provide comprehensive wealth management advice to your team’s existing client base while attracting new clients
For more information on the UBS Wealth Manager Development Program, please click here.