1. Drive profitable growth in Global Wealth Management
In Global Wealth Management, we target 10–15% adjusted profit before tax growth annually over the cycle, while growing net new money at 2–4% per annum and aiming to operate within an adjusted cost / income ratio range of 65–75%. The creation of the integrated business division on 1 February 2018 aims to further enhance the client experience and our product offering in line with an increasingly global client base. We expect to more effectively capture the purchasing power of Global Wealth Management’s CHF 2.3 trillion invested asset base and generate greater synergies across technology, innovation and other areas of investment. Regional variations in the client service model will be maintained, while middle- and back-office functions will be more closely aligned and integrated.
2. Maintain focused leadership and grow profits in Asset Management, Investment Bank and Personal & Corporate Banking
Our strength in Global Wealth Management also relies on the stand alone strength of our other businesses. Together, they make a significant contribution to earnings, diversify revenues and generate high-quality returns.
3. Enhance diversification by capturing superior growth in Asia Pacific and the Americas, leverage our Europe, Middle East and Africa capabilities and reinforce our leadership position in Switzerland
From a geographic standpoint, we aim to grow in the Americas and to reinforce leadership in our home market in Switzerland. In Europe, Middle East and Africa, we want to leverage our capabilities to grow our market share during likely consolidation. Asia Pacific, and particularly China, presents a significant growth opportunity, given the economic expansion and rate of increase in the number of billionaires. UBS’s competitive position in Asia Pacific is strong and we are well positioned to capture opportunities in the region across our businesses.
4. Invest in technology with a focus on superior client experience, product capabilities, efficiency and effectiveness
We will continue to invest in technology to drive growth, better serve our clients and improve efficiency and effectiveness. We intend to secure our position as a leader in the digital age by maintaining expenditure on technology of at least 10% of the Group’s revenues for the foreseeable future.
Did you know that
- our fully applied CET1 ratios are comfortably above the 2020 requirements?
- we have increased our loss-absorbing capacity by around CHF 50 billion to almost CHF 80 billion since 2012?
- we are the world’s largest wealth manager with invested assets of ~CHF 2000bn?