UBS Wealth Management introduces third party beneficiary trust in Taiwan
Taipei, 12 September 2017﹣ UBS Wealth Management introduces a new trust service today that complements its digital wealth management service, which was launched back in April last year. The new third-party beneficiary trust service addresses client needs for succession planning and ensures that family assets are passed smoothly from one generation to the next.
"Our digital wealth management service acts like a GPS navigation system, steadily guiding clients in wealth accumulation,“ said Lin-Yun Chang, Managing Director and Deputy Head of UBS Wealth Management Taiwan. “By drawing on our global expertise in trust services, we are offering our clients access to a truly
comprehensive platform for wealth management.”
The third-party beneficiary trust is made up of three components: trustee (UBS), grantor and beneficiary. Grantors are owners of wealth, who enlist the trustee to design custom-made trust services that meet the individual needs of either the grantor or the beneficiary.
Fast facts about the digital wealth management service
- In April 2016, Taiwan became the first Asia Pacific market to launch this digital wealth management model.
- This is a fixed fee contractual service for clients with total investable assets of US$250,000 or more.
- Clients gain access to the world's top wealth management capabilities, including state-of-the-art AIpowered advisory and mandate solutions customized to meet unique life planning and investment goals.
- UBS CIO market outlook and investment recommendations are prepared by a global team consisting of more than 900 economists and analysts.
- Access to a wide selection of over 1,000 mutual funds and beneficiary trust services.
- Up-to-date market information via LINE (official account: UBS Taiwan) and Facebook.
- Clients gain an exclusive hotline for investment advice and account management.
- Regular investment forums and seminars are held.
For more information regarding UBS's digital wealth management service, please visit
Notes for editors
UBS provides financial advice and solutions to wealthy, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as private clients in Switzerland. The operational structure of the Group is comprised of our Corporate Center and five business divisions: Wealth Management, Wealth Management Americas, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. UBS's strategy builds on the strengths of all of its businesses and focuses its efforts on areas in which it excels, while seeking to capitalize on the compelling growth prospects in the businesses and regions in which it operates, in order to generate attractive and sustainable returns for its shareholders. All of its businesses are capital-efficient and benefit from a strong competitive position in their targeted markets.
UBS is present in all major financial centers worldwide. It has offices in 52 countries, with about 34% of its employees working in the Americas, 34% in Switzerland, 18% in the rest of Europe, the Middle East and Africa and 14% in Asia Pacific. UBS Group AG employs approximately 60,000 people around the world. Its shares are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
About UBS Wealth Management Taiwan
UBS established its presence in Taiwan in 1988, and has offered wealth management solutions to high net worth individuals since 2000. In 2008, UBS WM Taiwan was granted licenses to open bank branches in Taichung and Kaohsiung. UBS WM Taiwan was named Best Domestic Private Bank in Taiwan by Asian Private Banker for three years in row since 2013, and also named Best Private Bank in Taiwan (Foreign) by Private Banker International in 2017.
+886 2 8722 7265 / +852 9725 0297
For more information on UBS, visit:
Follow UBS on Twitter