Why collective philanthropy?
Why collective philanthropy?
We believe in philanthropy working together as a driver of change, and are committed to harnessing the power of collective partnerships with philanthropists, organizations and governments.
We’re not content with giving that hopes for change – good intentions aren’t enough in today’s fast changing global landscape. That’s why we’re constantly looking for ways to achieve better social and environmental outcomes – by giving strategically.
Similarly, we’re not satisfied with the resources available to drive change – we seek to mobilize more private capital and support its effective and efficient implementation, to address some of the most critical challenges of our time.
Connecting individuals together around strategic aspiration, practice and collective impact, is the future of philanthropic funding. Your philanthropy can be effective on its own, but by pooling funds and expertise with fellow philanthropists and delivering aligned outcomes, you reinforce each other’s efforts, and achieve exponentially more impact.
Become a collective member and gain a wealth of experience and benefits
Getting leverage for your donation is just one of the benefits of giving collectively. At UBS, we cover the costs of running the collectives, match your funding by 10 percent and we take you through a deep learning experience over three years.
Engaging in one of our collectives, allows you to:
- co-fund a portfolio of best-in-class non-profit organizations and social enterprises, working to achieve systemic change in an issue you care about;
- engage in a three year strategic philanthropy education experience with peer philanthropists and social investors, following the program design, implementation and evaluation process;
- work alongside other philanthropists and enlarge your network;
- learn tools and skills from expert practitioners, to practice your philanthropy with greater confidence and impact;
- access high level program reporting, analysis and due diligence, following outcomes in real time;
- visit the program to put the theory you learn into practice;
- attend annual conferences, virtual seminars and regional gatherings alongside your collective peers;
- implement your philanthropy strategically, and develop philanthropic leadership skills; and
- give in a deep and meaningful way, across borders, while driving extraordinary results and honing your skills and confidence as a philanthropic leader.
“After 16 years of working in philanthropy, I can honestly say that there is nothing more inspiring and fulfilling than seeing your philanthropy drive impact that has the potential to solve problems at scale. But this can only happen when we work together. Which is why we are delighted to offer our clients the unique opportunity to join our collectives, to work alongside peers and expert practitioners, to achieve systemic change in some of the most complex issues of our time.”
Tom Hall, Global Head UBS Philanthropy Services
Join philanthropists in a 'collective impact' approach – we have three ready-made collective portfolios for you to co-invest in.
UBS and philanthropy
UBS Philanthropy Services is a unique award-winning offering that partners with clients to maximize their impact locally, nationally and globally. We provide comprehensive advice, insight experiences and execution services, and employ an investment-based approach to deliver solutions to pressing social and environmental issues. We are pioneers and innovators in the sector of social finance.