UBS ETFIn order to proceed, you must confirm that you are an institutional investor based in Germany.
UBS ETF (IE) MSCI World Small Cap Socially Responsible UCITS ETF (USD) A-dis
Asset Class: Equities
No sustainable investment objective
- It promotes Environmental/Social (E/S) characteristics and while it does not have as its objective a sustainable investment, it will have a minimum proportion of 20 % of sustainable investments with an environmental objective in economic activities that do not qualify as environmentally sus-tainable under the EU Taxonomy
- This financial product is passively managed and tracks an Index, indicators for ad-verse impacts on sustainability factors are taken into account by the Index provid-er as appropriate to the Index family. Indicators for adverse impacts on sustainability factors are taken into ac-count by the Index provider as appropriate to the Index family. The indices incorporate the MSCI ESG Controversies score, screening out on a timely basis any issuers in significant breach of ESG norms.
- MSCI ESG Controversies are designed to provide timely and consistent assessments of ESG controversies involving issuers. Any issuer with a “Red” MSCI ESG Controversies Score (score less than 1) is excluded from Sustainability indices. The Controversy Score measures an issuer’s in-volvement in major ESG controversies and how well the issuer adheres to international norms and principles. The financial product exclude investments in companies involved directly in the use, development, manufacturing, stockpiling, transfer or trade of clus-ter munitions and/or anti-personnel landmines, nuclear weapons, biological weapons or chemical weapons.
- The MSCI ESG Controversies tool monitors company involvement in nota-ble ESG controversies related to the company’s operations and/or prod-ucts, possible breaches of international norms and principles such as the UN Global Compact, and performance with respect to these norms and principles.
Environmental or social characteristics of the financial product
- The following characteristic(s) is/are promoted by the financial product:
- • tracks/tracking of a benchmark with a sustainability profile (ESG Score) that is higher than the parent benchmark’s sustainability profile.
- • a Carbon Intensity (1, 2) emissions indicator lower than parent benchmark (MSCI)
- The Reference Benchmark designated for the purpose of attaining the characteristic pro-moted by the financial product is the MSCI World Small Cap SRI Low Carbon Select 5% Issuer Capped Total Return Net. The characteristics are measured using the following indicators respectively:
- • The FUND_ESG_QUALITY_SCORE
- • Weighted average carbon intensity (Scope 1+2) MSCI
- This financial product seeks to promote the characteristic(s) described in this annex through Index selection and passive asset management. This financial product is passively managed and seeks to track the performance and the ESG profile of the Index. Sustainability characteristics and risks are considered as part of the Index selection process. The Index which is stated by the index provider to be screened against environmental, social or governance criteria and any methodology used by the index provider to assess sustainability characteristics and risks of the constituents of the index can be found on the website of the index provider.
- The following binding element(s) of the investment strategy are used to select the investments to attain the characteristic(s) promoted by this financial product:
- Characteristic 1):
- A sustainability profile (MSCI ESG Score) that is higher than the parent bench-mark’s sustainability profile.
- Characteristic 2):
- A Carbon Intensity (1 and 2) emissions indicator that is lower than parent bench-mark (MSCI)
- The calculations do not take account of cash, derivatives and unrated investment instruments.
- The binding element(s) are calculated at quarter end using the average of all of business days’ values in the quarter.
- Assessment of good governance practices of the investee companies is per-formed by the index provider.
- MSCI analysis begins with an evaluation of each company’s Corporate Govern-ance, taking into consideration the company’s ownership and control structures, the composition and effectiveness of its board, the effectiveness of its incentive prac-tices and the integrity of its accounting. Corporate Behavior is also monitored, in-cluding any controversies that might have a significant negative impact on the company’s value.
Proportion of investments
- The minimum proportion of the investments used to meet the environmental and/or social characteristics promoted by the financial product is 51%. The minimum proportion of sustainable investments of the financial product is 20%.
- The financial product tracks an ESG index and may replicate the performance of the index by the use of derivatives. Derivatives will only be used in case that a) the investment objective cannot be achieved by investments index components, in particular in order to reflect the performance of a currency hedge where a sub-fund replicates a currency-hedged index, or b) to generate efficiencies in gaining exposure to the constituents of the index, in particular where there are legal or practical obstacles to gaining direct access to a market to which the index refers. The financial product may namely enter into a range of index related swaps (excluding funded swaps) and derivative instruments (futures, forwards, currency swaps, p-notes, options, warrants and foreign exchange contracts) in order to replicate the index.
The performance of the indicators used to measure the environmental or social characteristics promoted by the financial product are measured daily, assessed quarterly and reported annually.
Due diligence is carried out on index providers and/or data providers. This financial product is passively managed and seeks to track the performance and the ESG profile of the Index. Sustainability characteristics and risks are considered as part of the Index selection process.
- In terms of passive strategies tracking sustainability indexes as is the case with this financial product, the engagement process helps us to identify companies where material ESG and sustainability factors may present a future negative risk.
- While the UBS AM engagement program is across all asset classes and portfolios, the impact on passively managed fixed income strategies might be reduced, mainly due to the lack of voting rights and that companies which failed in UBS AM's engagement process are typically not excluded due to the passive management style.
- Nevertheless, passively managed fixed income assets are part of the engagement with senior management, as all other assets the firm manages, in order to achieve the biggest possible impact.
Data sources and processing
- The data sources used to attain the stated environmental or social characteristics are as follows:
- The MSCI ESG Score, supplied by the index provider.
Limitations to methodologies and data
We apply a minimum coverage threshold for the data sources used to attain the stated environmental or social characteristics of the financial product, these thresholds ensure that the binding targets can be monitored and measured. Accuracy of data is dependent on 3rd party providers, coverage of data sources can be < 100% due to uncovered asset types, incomplete or inconsistent data and gaps in the coverage of these 3rd party providers.
Designated reference benchmark
- The financial product has initially selected the reference benchmark for its relevance to its investment strategy and the attainment of the characteristics it seeks to promote. The Index rebalances on an quarterly basis. More details on the index methodology applied by the index provider can be found below.
- The alignment of the investment strategy with the methodology of the index is ensured on a continuous basis as the index provider rebalances the index on a regular basis and the Investment Manager tracks the Index in line with the limits set out in the investment policy of Fund.
- The financial product has initially selected the reference benchmark for its rele-vance to its investment strategy and the attainment of the characteristics it seeks to promote.
- The investment strategy of the fund is to track the benchmark’s return and its characteristics, including ESG characteristics, as closely as reasonably possi-ble.
- The investment manager reviews the index methodology when the product is set up and the Index provider may be contacted if the Index methodology is no longer in line with the investment strategy of the financial product.
- The MSCI World Small Cap SRI Low Carbon Select 5% Issuer Capped Index captures small-cap representation across 23 Developed Markets (DM) coun-tries. The index is designed to represent the performance of companies that have lower carbon exposure than that of the broad market and have high Envi-ronmental, Social and Governance (ESG) performance. Further, the Index also aims to avoid concentration by capping issuers within the Index to a maximum weight of 5% in accordance with the MSCI Capped Indexes methodology. Con-stituent selection is based on research provided by MSCI ESG Research.
- The methodology of the construction of the Index can be found in the fund supplement.
For marketing and information purposes by UBS. UBS funds under Irish law. Arrangements for marketing fund units mentioned in this document may be terminated at the initiative of the management company of the fund(s). The representative in Germany for UBS Funds under foreign law is UBS Fund Management (Luxembourg) S.A. 33A Avenue J.F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg. Prospectuses, key investor information (KIID), the articles of association or the management regulations as well as annual and semi-annual reports of UBS funds are available in a language required by the local applicable law free of charge from UBS Fund Management (Luxembourg) S.A. and online at www.ubs.com/deutschlandfonds. The product described herein aligns to Article 8 Regulation (EU) 2019/2088 on sustainability-related disclosures in the financial services sector. Information on sustainability-related aspects pursuant to that regulation can be found on www.ubs.com/funds. The benchmark is the intellectual property of the respective index provider. The fund or the share class is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the index provider. The fund prospectus or supplemental prospectus contains the full disclaimer. Before investing in a product please read the latest prospectus and key investor information document carefully and thoroughly. Any decision to invest should take into account all the characteristics or objectives of the fund as described in its prospectus, or similar legal documentation. Investors are acquiring units or shares in a fund, and not in a given underlying asset such as building or shares of a company. The information and opinions contained in this document have been compiled or arrived at based upon information obtained from sources believed to be reliable and in good faith, but is not guaranteed as being accurate, nor is it a complete statement or summary of the securities, markets or developments referred to in the document. Members of the UBS Group may have a position in and may make a purchase and / or sale of any of the securities or other financial instruments mentioned in this document. Units of UBS funds mentioned herein may not be eligible for sale in all jurisdictions or to certain categories of investors and may not be offered, sold or delivered in the United States. The information mentioned herein is not intended to be construed as a solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results. The performance shown does not take account of any commissions and costs charged when subscribing to and redeeming units. If whole or part of the total costs to be paid is different from your reference currency, the costs may increase or decrease as a result of currency and exchange rate fluctuations. Commissions and costs have a negative impact on the investment and on the expected returns. If the currency of a financial product or financial service is different from your reference currency, the return can increase or decrease as a result of currency and exchange rate fluctuations. This information pays no regard to the specific or future investment objectives, financial or tax situation or particular needs of any specific recipient. Future performance is subject to taxation which depends on the personal situation of each investor and which may change in the future. The details and opinions contained in this document are provided by UBS without any guarantee or warranty and are for the recipient's personal use and information purposes only. This document may not be reproduced, redistributed or republished for any purpose without the written permission of UBS Asset Management Switzerland AG or a local affiliated company. Source for all data and charts (if not indicated otherwise): UBS Asset Management. A summary of investor rights in English can be found online at www.ubs.com/funds. More explanations of financial terms can be found at www.ubs.com/am-glossary.
© UBS 2023. The key symbol and UBS are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of UBS. All rights reserved.