How the 3b unrestricted retirement account works
The 3b unrestricted retirement account allows holders of Fisca accounts to make an increased contribution toward their individual pension provision. We reward responsible saving with a preferential interest rate. The contributions are not eligible tax relief and must be made in the same calendar year.
How you benefit with the 3b retirement account
- Attractive preferential interest rate for the Fisca account
- Pension assets can be withdrawn at any time
- Finance residential property with pension assets
- Free account maintenance
Further information can be found in our unrestricted retirement account product information sheet . As an existing client with an e-banking contract, you can open your retirement account directly online.
The Pillar 3b retirement account with a Vitainvest investment fund is the ideal compliment to your 3b retirement account if you wish to increase your earnings potential in Pillar 3b.
The Pillar 3 private retirement savings allows you to add to the benefits from Pillars 2 and 3 and compensate for any income shortfalls. In a personal consultation, we will give you comprehensive advice on your individual life situation and together find you an appropriate retirement solution.
Good to know
You can also increase the savings contribution. To do this, transfer your entire pension assets from another Pillar 3a scheme to your UBS Fisca account. This will enable you to pay double this amount into your 3b unrestricted retirement account in the same calendar year.
If you want to withdraw your pension assets, you have to choose between an ordinary and an extraordinary withdrawal. When making an ordinary withdrawal, you still benefit from all of the preferential conditions. All other withdrawals are considered to be extraordinary withdrawals. In these cases, the interest credited to you will be retrospectively reduced and you will incur retrospective issuing commissions and custody account fees.
You can make ordinary withdrawals from your savings, if you:
- have reached the AHV retirement age (or up to five years beforehand)
- are financing an owner-occupied property
- are paying back a mortgage on owner-occupied property
- wish to become self-employed and not join a pension fund
- are leaving Switzerland for good
- receive a full disability pension from Swiss Federal Disability Insurance
- buy into a tax-exempt pension fund
- are paying your savings into a Fisca account
Product information sheet
Further issues relating to your retirement
Count on our expertise. We will provide you with important information on additional aspects of private retirement savings. Should you still have any questions, we will be happy to clear up any details in a personal consultation.