The QR-bill at a glance
Generate, print and send bills simply via software or online
All the information needed for the payment is included in the QR code
Can be used via analog and digital channels
Sample payment part of QR-bill
The three versions of the QR-bill
The difference lies in the use of the IBAN and references.
Benefits of QR-billing
- Simplified billing, including across Europe and in euros, thanks to the IBAN format
- Efficient management of outstanding receivables thanks to digital checks
- Direct notification of incoming payments (individual or collective bookings)
For bill payers
- Fast and convenient payments, as all payment information is included in the QR code and can be scanned and confirmed by smartphone
- Error-free, as reference numbers and billers no longer have to be entered manually
How do I switch to QR-billing?
If you already use software to generate payment slips and would like to continue to use it for QR-bills, please contact your software partner.
Are you digitally aligning your ESR bills with the v11 report? If so, you need to switch to one of the two new ISO 20022 reports. You should make the following adjustments before you send out your first QR-bill:
- camt.053: account statement with internal collective booking details, or
- camt.054: separate collective booking details
Your software must be able to process QR-bills from the introduction date. Digital payment of QR-bills will be possible in UBS e-banking, in the Mobile Banking app and at a Multimat from 30 June 2020.
Schedule for switching to QR-billing
For questions about software, please contact your software partner. You will find further information about QR-billing here: