Home cleaning: 5 times cleaner
GreenMop founder, Virginie Tulik, shares her five top cleaning tips.
1. My cleaning product: “I clean with a mixture of three parts ecological liquid soap, four parts water, and 10 drops of essential oil. You can choose your own fragrance – whatever suits your mood.”
2. Squeaky clean windows: “Vinegar is still the best household product to clean your windows streak-free. Simply mix a glass of white vinegar with a glass of water and you’re ready to go.”
3. Super dishwasher: “You can even use homemade cleaning products in the dishwasher. Instead of futuristic 3-in-1 power tabs, I use a mix of bicarbonate, percarbonate and citric acid. I put a heaping soup spoonful of each in the powder compartment and use white vinegar as a rinse aid. The dishes come out just as clean as with chemicals.”
4. Shiny floors: “Liquid olive oil soap from Marseille is a real all-rounder for everything in the household. I use it for floors – 1 soup spoonful in 5 liters of water is enough – as well as for stovetops and window panes, the leather sofa, silver flatware, and even potted plants!”
5. Clean clothes: “I also put olive oil soap in the washing machine. Then I add three spoonfuls of baking powder to the detergent compartment. And I replace fabric conditioner with white vinegar and a few drops of essential oil for the scent. Mm, that smells so fresh!”