Delivering the best of our capabilities to you
UBS Asset Management's real estate business actively manages investments of approximately CHF 83 billion1 globally and regionally within Asia Pacific, Europe and the US, across the major real estate sectors, making it one of the largest real estate managers worldwide.
Global presence, local expertise
- We have been investing in real estate for close to 75 years, having launched our first real estate fund as early as 1943
- Today we employ around 500 professionals worldwide, servicing over 3,000 professional and institutional clients worldwide through our local offices in 15 countries
- Local knowledge and experience enables us to understand the needs of clients and the regulatory environment in which they operate
- We seek to deliver our full range of capabilities to clients, providing quality client servicing by combining local knowledge with our global network
- We actively manage direct investments in the hotel, industrial, multi-family / residential, office and retail real estate sectors as well as in farmland in the US
- These are offered on a global, regional and country basis and through open- and closed-end private funds, REITs, customized investment structures as well as individually managed accounts
- The business invests in over 1,900 properties spread across 18 countries and 8 currencies, making us a truly global real estate investment manager
- The multi-manager business has significant presence in major regions, providing access to and management of unlisted real estate funds selected from a broad universe of managers
- We currently manage CHF 9.0 billion2 in equity from around 500 clients
- Our product offering ranges from core to opportunistic, from developed to emerging markets, and from customized segregated mandates to commingled funds
- The indirect business is complemented by the Swiss Real Estate Securities team which was established some 17 years ago
Bringing our expertise to you
Finding the answers you need – our investment approach
We have taken industry leading steps in governance, transparency and sustainability as a commitment to value creation for our clients over the medium to long-term.
A robust investment process
Investment decisions are taken by experienced professionals, drawing on the expertise of the broader investment team, and our acquisitions process allows us to rapidly execute deals and deploy client capital.
Our global capabilities and extensive network differentiate us from our competitors and enable us to source investments on both an on- and off-market basis to provide our clients with access to the best opportunities possible.
All investment decisions are made within the context of a rigorous risk management and control framework, comprising both qualitative and quantitative elements.
Views and opinions expressed are presented for informational purposes only and are a reflection of UBS Asset Management’s best judgment at the time a report was compiled, and any obligation to update or alter forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise is disclaimed. Commentary is provided at a macro level and is not with reference to any investment strategy, product or fund offered by UBS Asset Management and is provided in Canada generally pursuant to the registration exemption provided for in Section 8.25(2) of National Instrument 31-103 and in Ontario pursuant to Section 34 of the Securities Act (Ontario) and does not purport to be tailored to the needs of the person or company receiving the advice.. The information contained in the materials should not be considered a recommendation to purchase or sell any particular security. The materials and content provided will not constitute investment advice and should not be relied upon as the basis for investment decisions. As individual situations may differ, clients should seek independent professional tax, legal, accounting or other specialist advisors as to the legal and tax implication of investing. Plan fiduciaries should determine whether an investment program is prudent in light of a plan's own circumstances and overall portfolio. UBS Asset Management services offered to Canadian persons are provided by UBS Asset Management (Canada) Inc., a Nova Scotia corporation. UBS Asset Management (Canada) Inc. is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of UBS AG and is registered as a portfolio manager and exempt market dealer (in all provinces of Canada), commodity trading manager (Ontario), adviser – commodity futures (Manitoba) and investment fund manager (Ontario, Quebec and Newfoundland), all pursuant to Canadian securities law. Materials may include forward-looking statements. Actual future results, however, may prove to be different from expectations. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential for profit is accompanied by possibility of loss.
Please confirm you are a Canada resident to proceed.