Lead Portfolio Manager, Global Equity
Year started in the investment industry: 1991
Education: Bowdoin College (US), BS; Harvard University (US), MBA
- In 2016 Scott was appointed Head of Global Equity, where he is responsible for managing Global Intrinsic Value portfolios. He has a critical role in driving research quality standards across the Intrinsic Value platform.
- In 2012, Scott was promoted to the position of Director of Research (DOR) for the US Intrinsic Value equity team. In this role, Scott managed a team of six sector-based analysts and lead company and industry level research. Scott was also the lead-portfolio manager of the Intrinsic Value equity team's Global Healthcare and UBS Healthcare Long/Short strategies.
- Prior to being named DOR and portfolio manager, Scott was a Senior Investment Analyst and Sector Head for the healthcare analyst team. His responsibilities included fundamental company and industry-level research.
co-managing their equity portfolios (with Charles Burbeck). Prior to this, Nick spent 11 years at Schroders, most latterly also working with Charles Burbeck, co-managing their integrated global equity products.
- Prior to joining the firm in 2003, Scott spent seven years as a securities analyst covering the medical device industry, most recently as a managing director at SG Cowen. Prior to that, he served in various business development, strategic planning, and market research roles in the specialty pharmaceutical and diagnostic industries.
- Scott is a member of the Investments Committee to the board of the American Diabetes Association (ADA).