Head of Global Equity
Year started in the investment industry: 1991
Education: Bowdoin College (US), BS; Harvard University (US), MBA
- In 2016, Scott was appointed Head of Global Equity, where, as Lead Portfolio Manager, he is responsible for managing all Global Intrinsic Value portfolios. He also plays a key role in driving research quality standards and ensuring better leverage of the full Intrinsic Value analytical platform to the benefit of client portfolios.
- In 2012, Scott was promoted to the position of Director of Research (DOR) for the US Intrinsic Value equity team. In this role, Scott managed a team of six sector-based analysts and lead company and industry-level research. Scott was also the lead portfolio manager of the Intrinsic Value equity team's Global Healthcare and UBS Healthcare Long/Short strategies.
- Prior to being named DOR and portfolio manager, Scott was a Senior Investment Analyst and Sector Head for the health care analyst team. His responsibilities included fundamental company and industry-level research.
- Before joining the firm in 2003, Scott spent seven years as a securities analyst covering the medical device industry, most recently as a managing director at SG Cowen. Scott started his career serving in various business development, strategic planning and market research roles in the specialty pharmaceutical and diagnostic industries.
- Scott is a member of the Investments Committee to the board of the American Diabetes Association (ADA).