Satisfied clients are prerequisite to the long-term and sustained success of UBS Europe SE, Austria Branch ("UBSA"). However, despite our commitment and efforts to provide you with the best possible service, it may occur that you are not satisfied with our services or may encounter a specific problem.
UBSA is committed to promptly and thoroughly investigate any dissatisfaction from your side. The procedure detailed below will allow us to investigate any dissatisfaction from your side in line with Austrian legal requirements. Management oversight of complaints is ensured through regular internal review and reporting.
A complaint can be any written, verbal or electronic communication from a (potential) client or investor to express dissatisfaction and can be submitted free of charge.
If you wish to express your dissatisfaction/complaint do not hesitate to contact your Client Advisor, Client Relationship Manager or any other direct contact within UBSA. When contacting UBSA with a complaint, please include the following details:
- Full name of complainant
- Role of complainant on account (e.g. accountholder or representative of client, lawyer etc.)
- Contact details
- Involved account number(s)
- Information pertaining the complaint (detailed description of the facts underlying the complaint)
- Relevant document(s) and/or correspondence
- Any other detail(s) of relevance regarding your complaint.
If we are not able to provide you with an answer within a short time, an acknowledgement letter of your complaint will be issued within 10 working days from the date of receipt and we will inform you of the contact person who will be in charge of the complaint together with an indicative timeline by when a response or resolution will be provided.
We are committed to provide you with an answer to your complaint within one month of receipt of your complaint. Where an answer cannot be provided within this period, we will inform you of the delay and the date at which the answer is likely to be provided.
Should you feel that you did not receive a satisfactory answer, you may appeal directly to the Branch Management of UBS Europe SE, Austria, namely to the Director in charge of complaints:
Mr. Johannes Kunz
UBS Europe SE, Austria Branch
Out-of-court resolution of complaints
If, despite our best efforts, you remain unsatisfied with our response or have not received an answer to your complaint within one month of receipt of your complaint, you may
- seek an out-of-court settlement of complaints. To this end, there are conciliation offices specializing in out-of-court settlements. Depending on the complaint, these have different responsibilities, a list of the different conciliation offices can be found at:
- contact the Austrian regulatory authority in accordance with the provisions of the Financial Market Supervisory Authority ("FMA"); For more detailed information, please refer to the FMA's website, in particular
- Information on the extent to which credit institutions are obligated for complaints,
- how a complaint must be designed to the FMA as well as
- which other contact persons are available when resolving complaints